SoCal meet...

Meetings / Gatherings
nooshinjohn
SILVER-7t

SoCal meet...

Post by nooshinjohn » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:27 pm

For those not able to attend the big 'Fest, I am working with a friend from another forum to put together a SoCal gathering down in Escondito. Looks like it will be happening sometime in September. I would like to get a few Carverites to attend as well. This will be a fun day of beer, food, and music. If any are interested, please reply here...
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Triangle Art Reference SE prototype, with Walker Precision speed controller and Origin Conqueror tonearm and Dynaudio 20x2, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Oppo BDP-93

elgrau
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: SoCal meet...

Post by elgrau » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Any more details?: at someone's home, or? Systems to be set up? Etc.
FR: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
LR: AudioEngine wireless link from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 6.5" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-634x 3-4 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: 300 disk changer to Entech 202.5 DAC to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.

nooshinjohn
SILVER-7t

Post by nooshinjohn » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:16 am

There will be multiple systems set up and swapped around. My big Maggies and the tubes will be there, along with some demo gear from Polk(hopefully) It will be in a large home with two very large rooms for setting up. We have had a couple get-togethers here already and it is a great time for all. I really would like to get a quarterly audio society going out here in SoCal. What better way to try out new stuff and meet new people.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Triangle Art Reference SE prototype, with Walker Precision speed controller and Origin Conqueror tonearm and Dynaudio 20x2, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Oppo BDP-93

rah
M-400t CUBE

Post by rah » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:03 pm

nooshinjohn wrote:My big Maggies and the tubes will be there
Love to hear me some big Maggies, but alas................in Houston I sweat.
My office (and only) system:
Sunfire Ultimate Receiver (thanks jjptkd!)
Sunfire Theater Grand Processor (with original remote!)
Carver TD-1770
Klipsch Chorus II's
Sony CA70ES 5-disc changer
Sony SACD 5-disc changer

Return to “Mini Fests / Get Togethers”