SoCal get together in Woodland Hills

Meetings / Gatherings
nooshinjohn
SILVER-7t

SoCal get together in Woodland Hills

Post by nooshinjohn » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:55 am

April 21st is the date... Gonna have some great gear here and a few folks from a couple other sites for some good food great brews and a great time.

Pm me if you want to join us and I will send you the address

John
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Triangle Art Reference SE prototype, with Walker Precision speed controller and Origin Conqueror tonearm and Dynaudio 20x2, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Oppo BDP-93

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Re: SoCal get together in Woodland Hills

Post by frankieD » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:35 pm

PM sent !!

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:59 am

So, did you have a nice time on your trip frankied? Tell us you old bastard. \:D/
You know I really love you and I am only kidding. Right? Will be seeing you soon my friend!
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Post by frankieD » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:35 am

hewlew1 wrote:So, did you have a nice time on your trip frankied? Tell us you old bastard. \:D/
You know I really love you and I am only kidding. Right? Will be seeing you soon my friend!

Yes, Yes and Yes.

My wife took me to Palm Springs for the week. Whats not to like?

Sunny in the 80's every day. We house sat for a friend in a beautiful house with pool/spa !

Had a great time.

I will be seeing you my friend in a few short Months.

I made my flight reservations yesterday.

Looking forward to it !!!

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Post by frankieD » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Just a little feedback on the get together at Nooshinjohn's Sunday.

John met me at the door and was an excellent host. I walked in to a giant set of Polk SDA'S. John was playing a cut from Marks (Radioeng) Fest CD. I think the bass may have damaged some of my internal organs :lol: .

The speakers were very impressive. John showed me around and I was very impressed too with the workmanship he seems to put into everything. The "granite" amps were even more beautiful in person than the pictures.

After a while we were joind by two Polk guy's, Doug & Dave and Dave's wife. All very nice people.

I kind of wish that some more of our Carver guys would have shown up but I took solice in Doug agreeing with me that his Sunfire amp was indeed "a quiet box of endless power" :lol:

Doug & John pushed the Polks off to one side & set up a pair of Magnaplaners that actually were bigger than the Polks.

I had never heard Maggies and was very favorably impressed. They reminded me a bit of the Amazings and John said they had a 60" ribbon as well as the planar drives.

All in all it was a pleasant afternoon, John was a great host, the Polk Folks (a little rhyme)were kool. and I say THANK YOU JOHN!!!

EndersShadow
TFM-55

Post by EndersShadow » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:25 pm

frankieD wrote:Just a little feedback on the get together at Nooshinjohn's Sunday.

John met me at the door and was an excellent host. I walked in to a giant set of Polk SDA'S. John was playing a cut from Marks (Radioeng) Fest CD. I think the bass may have damaged some of my internal organs :lol: .

The speakers were very impressive. John showed me around and I was very impressed too with the workmanship he seems to put into everything. The "granite" amps were even more beautiful in person than the pictures.

After a while we were joind by two Polk guy's, Doug & Dave and Dave's wife. All very nice people.

I kind of wish that some more of our Carver guys would have shown up but I took solice in Doug agreeing with me that his Sunfire amp was indeed "a quiet box of endless power" :lol:

Doug & John pushed the Polks off to one side & set up a pair of Magnaplaners that actually were bigger than the Polks.

I had never heard Maggies and was very favorably impressed. They reminded me a bit of the Amazings and John said they had a 60" ribbon as well as the planar drives.

All in all it was a pleasant afternoon, John was a great host, the Polk Folks (a little rhyme)were kool. and I say THANK YOU JOHN!!!

John hosted a GTG in Indiana that I attended. I wish he was still here as I just got to see the Carver tube amps in their infancy, not in all their glory.

That and he just had the little MMG maggies, not the 20's hes got now.

I am jealous to say the least.
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas

Return to “Mini Fests / Get Togethers”