Any Jazz fans coming to 2008 International Jazz Fest?

Meetings / Gatherings
OBI56
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Any Jazz fans coming to 2008 International Jazz Fest?

Post by OBI56 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:03 pm

Are any of the Jazz fans on here planning to come to the 2008 International Jazz Festival? 10 days of the best Jazz and Blues anywhere. 387 free outdoor shows + 189 indoor shows and another 97 shows in select venues.

Diana Krall, B.B. King, Tony Bennet, Charlie Hayden, Pat Hetheney, etc...

If anyone is planning on coming up, please contact me and I can help you make arrangements and even organize a BBQ.

http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/Fijm200 ... il_en.aspx

Marc .....
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:49 pm

Unless the dollar recovers - can't afford it.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

OBI56
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by OBI56 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:02 pm

The Canadian dollar is now back below the American dollar, but things can change from now till summer. Also note that Montréal is considerably cheaper than just about every other distination in North America. For the price of a sleazy walk up in NYC or LA an hour away from anything interesting you can stay in a 5 star hotel within walking distance of all major attractions here. Plus, where else can you find under $5 beer twice as strong as US beer in clubs? O:)

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:28 pm

That sounds like an incredible event! I can't do it this year, but I sure wouldn't mind going next year. It would be nice to meet you and listen to some good tunes.

That's a long time for a festival to be in operation as well....26th thru the 6th of July? Wheww.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:08 pm

You mean they don't use €€ in Montreal?
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

OBI56
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by OBI56 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:55 pm

BillD wrote:You mean they don't use €€ in Montreal?
SWWWWATTT!!!! Nah, but we do take US$ at almost par... O:)

OBI56
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by OBI56 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:09 pm

treitz3 wrote:That sounds like an incredible event! I can't do it this year, but I sure wouldn't mind going next year. It would be nice to meet you and listen to some good tunes.

That's a long time for a festival to be in operation as well....26th thru the 6th of July? Wheww.
It is positively HUGE. 10 days of indoor and free outdoor shows on a dozen stages. Over 2 million people attend and the energy is incredible. We also host 7 other music festivals during the summer so always something to do up here. A Formula 1 race, NASCAR (both at a downtown track), the Just For Laughs Festival, African Festival, Carifiesta (think the Carnaval in Rio and you get the idea), world class skiing less than an hour from downtown and the second biggest St Patricks Day Parade in the world make Montréal a great place to visit.

Did mention that Montréal is a cheap place to visit and that our beer is twice as strong as American beer??? O:) O:) O:)

I am located 5 short subway stops from the main festival site (almost dowtown, but located in a park), so getting around is a snap!

rolereversal
TFM-25

Post by rolereversal » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:19 pm

We would love to get there but won't be for a couple yrs. after my schooling is done we want to do a cross country trip on the bikes....need a bigger bike too for that long a trip, the CX is getting too old.
But one day the jazz fest is on the list for sure......

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:37 pm

I'd love to but too much is up in the air right now. Maybe later next year I can see about it...thanks for the invite!
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Return to “Mini Fests / Get Togethers”