Any Carver Forum Members Going To Polkfest ?

Meetings / Gatherings
gdb
SILVER-7t

Any Carver Forum Members Going To Polkfest ?

Post by gdb » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:28 am

While I couldn't make it to Carverfest, I'm definitely going to make it to Polkfest, and I am looking forward to meeting any members that plan to be there ! :)

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63145

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Any Carver Forum Members Going To Polkfest ?

Post by Zoot Horn » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:08 pm

Unless I move some gear,,I'm afraid that PF is unlikely for me.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:29 pm

Do they put everyone up in the warehouse on cots ?? :lol:

gdb
SILVER-7t

Post by gdb » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:36 pm

I get the impression that the airport Hilton is the favored flop. I'm 30min. away so I can go home, if I haven't been hitting the micro-brews too hard ! :?

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:39 pm

Wish but to far.

engtaz
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

garcianc
TFM-35

Post by garcianc » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:50 pm

I live pretty close to Baltimore too, but I'll think about it.

F1Nut, are you going?

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:02 am

Let me know when you are going, Nelson. Maybe we can all carpool...I still haven't decided yet if I'm going...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Rainman
SILVER-7t

Post by Rainman » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:21 pm

Maybe Toymaker can get his teleporter prototype perfected in time to "port" me over there for a day or two. I will see how he is coming along with it. I think he was having trouble getting the flux capacitor to share bandwidth with the kleutinator valve or it's zenor diode control mod. This resulted in a tail light fluid leak that put the muffler bearings into an unsafe harmonics condition creating the possibility of a "fatal flaw" which could theoretically cause the connecting rod return springs to suffer catastrophic failure. It didn't seem like such a big deal until Toymaker said that you really do not want to be half way between here and there if this thing shuts itself off because the return springs failed! He did not go into much detail except to say that it would be an event that can only be described as "BIG" or in Rainman's words "uh-oh...that's bad, definitely, definitely, Bad!" I am now wondering if I should re-think the test ride idea and just go to Cedar Point instead... =D> =D>

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power

SteveFord
SILVER-7t

Post by SteveFord » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:46 pm

If the harmonic balancer fluid runs out of the rear isolator, you're toast. I wouldn't do it.
Upstairs:
VTL MB-250 Signature monoblocks, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, HHb BurnIt Plus, Well Tempered Labs Classic, Ortofon 2M Black, Jolida JD-9 Phono Preamp, Sherwood S3000-IV tuner, VPI-17, Jolida JD-100, AKG 701, Beyerdynamics 881, NHT SW1-P subwoofer and amp, Magnepan 1.6, APC H15
Downstairs:
VTL DeLuxe 300 Monoblocks, Harman Kardon F500x tuner, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, Jolida JD-100, Oppo 981, Otari MX5050 BII, SVS SB-12 subwoofer, Magnepan 3.6
In Storage:
Stax Sigma headphones, signed DTL unit, Magnepan MMGs, Carver TX-11, TX-11a's

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:18 pm

It was marked on the calendar for over a year now, even before it was planned and official. Due to recent events and workload, I don't know at this point if I can make it or not. I'm trying my damndest [is that a word?] to make it happen, but I dunno at this point. :(

Things may dramatically change here within the next week or two but as of this moment, right here and right now I would not plan on me attending, unfortunately. I will try my best to make this turn around 180 degrees and attend but at this point, I'll have to move mountains to make it happen.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

OBI56
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by OBI56 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:55 pm

Yes treitz, damndest IS a real word! With all the time and effort you put into CF, I'm surprized that you would still have the energy to attend another one of these events so soon.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.

tfm75
SILVER-7t

Post by tfm75 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:44 am

OBI56 wrote: I'm surprized that you would still have the energy to attend another one of these events so soon.
OBI56

You have to meet Tom in the flesh to see how much, or how strong this man is. He will suprise most members of the forum just how much he can take. But from a friend burn out is a common problem and if I were Tom I would spend a little quite time with Kim and she will be more of a gift " love " than going to another fest so soon. Tom take care of home first, than when you know its right get them fests in.

Your Bud................................................Timothy
Between FrankieD and I we have logged in over 12,000 miles going and coming from Carverfest's. Don't let the miles in between play with your mind. Get over it, jump on a plane get to the fest and have a great time !

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:24 am

garcianc wrote:I live pretty close to Baltimore too, but I'll think about it.

F1Nut, are you going?
Of course.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

Return to “Mini Fests / Get Togethers”