Favorite memory of "The Wrabbit"

Not sure where to post your Carver topic... Try here.
Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Favorite memory of "The Wrabbit"

Post by Don » Sat May 19, 2018 8:39 pm

In honor of our fallen brother on his birthday, I thought I would start a thread of my favorite memory of "The Wrabbit".

For me, it was the last CF Gary was with us. We were in Martin's cabin with Gary, Terri, Wayne, Martin, Charlie, Eric and Lori Ann. Gary had just finished Wayne's CF speakers and Martin was "burning them in literally" with a 400 X 7 at almost full juice. We were stuffed on the couch with Gary in the middle. Martin being Martin had those CF puppies screaming to Michael Jackson's thriller. We were all amazed how they sounded at beyond ear splitting volume. All of a sudden one of the driver's let go. Wayne said "what the hell was that"! :shock: We all broke out laughing, Gary probably the loudest. :lol: Martin got up, checked the little CF speakers, and announced they were literally hot to the touch from all of the wattage being poured into them. In fact, they were too hot to keep your hand on them. :shock: When he announced that to the group, none of us could contain ourselves. :lol: It was a night that burned in my memory forever.

As Bob would say, "play it loud" for "The Wrabbit" tonight. Damn do we all miss him. One day we will all be together again playing it loud together. O:)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Favorite memory of "The Wrabbit"

Post by frenchguy » Sat May 19, 2018 9:23 pm

Great Memory Don!! =D> We all miss Gary, hard to believe it has been 2 & a half years since he left us!! :( I hope he is looking down on us & enjoying the music! :-({|= :-" I seen it was his birthday last night but didnt know what I should put on the forum, wish I would of thought of sharing memories, great idea! =D> we are all better having known him! godspeed Gary, we all miss you!! [-o< 8)
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Sun May 20, 2018 5:19 am

Sure miss my friend and agree that was a very special time at Carverfest. We were all having a great time “letting loose”!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:54 am

I was flipping through my phone Friday night and came across this picture of Gary
2015101895125700.jpg
I miss talking and laughing with Gary, we were always sending each other crazy texts.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

Return to “Misc. Discussions”