Problems with E-bay? Let us know.

Moderator: Audioshopper

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:27 am

DO NOT BID WITH THIS GUY!!!

FRAUD ALERT!!!

I have erased 3 of his "second chance offers", and i'm still getting them.

Will post ASAP all the e-mails he has given me.....all under different e-mail addresses. I'm sure at this point there will be more, but I will post all that I have.

DO NOT BID!!!!!! you have been forwarned!

He will be relisting a M4.0t (as he has twice already), and I believe he has a set of silver 7 or 9 t's with pic's that are signed that are NOT what he is selling!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:13 am

Here you go......Judge for your damn self..........
______________________________________________________________________________________
Re: ***carver rare!!! TFM-4.0 amplifier 375 wpc 1000 mono Item number: 280086...
Standard HeaderHide Pane
"noventa42@aol.com" <noventa42>
"noventa42@aol.com" <noventa42>
AddSunday, March 4, 2007 7:50:17 PM
To:treitz3@yahoo.com
Hello,

In order to make the transaction legit so we can be able to exchange feedback once completed i will have to get in touch with eBay Department. I will need to confirm me the following details:
* your complete name
* your complete shipping address
I'm located overseas for the moment, in United Kingdom because my little sister is getting married and i couldn't miss this once in a life time moment. She found her true love over here in England. I have to stay here for at least two weeks.
Must inform you that I have the item in the custody of the shipping company who helps mee very time to ship the goods to the buyers addresses. A 100% serious company and i have acontract with them. Regarding the shipping insurance,who protects my items from any damages on the way to the buyer, i can inform you that they are already paid.Shipping is covered by me so don't have to be worried to pay extra charges for delivery. So the final price will be US $600.00!
Once you will provide me the requested details (full name, address) i will contact the eBay Department and they will do the rest. They will send you the rest of the instructions and info regarding this process. You need to follow the instructions exactly so we can be both protected by their Purchase Protection and Refund program. Positive feedback is assured once everything is fixed up.
Thank You and along with the requested details email me with any other questions you may have!!

All the best,

Adam & Clark, Inc.
Structural Engineer
Department Of Construction Consulting
Chris Thompson <chris_thompson09>
AddSunday, March 4, 2007 11:48:15 AM

Please excuse me for this unexpected messege.I am the seller of the ( carver rare!!! TFM-4.0 amplifier 375 wpc 1000 mono
same power as the TFM-45 but 10 times more rare Item number: 280086313180 ).I've just been contacted by the eBay staff who informed me that the winner of the item I sold,withdrew his bidding and was rejected due to security reasons(either failed to follow through on the purchase commitment or outright refused to do so).The eBay policy automatically proclaims you to be the winner by default. Nevertheless,I need your agreement on this so I may contact eBay to confirm you the winning position, otherwise,I'll relist the item.I am sorry for the inconvenience,but I need an answer asap. Your last auctioned bid prior to being outbid is taken into consideration.The price will be your last bid !!!!
GIVE ME AN URGENT REPLY IF YOU WANT TO GO AHEAD OR NOT!
Thank you!!!
Re: Question for item #280086313180 - carver rare!!! TFM-4.0 amplifier 375...
Standard HeaderHide Pane
"Marcusmy2k@aol.com" <Marcusmy2k>
"Marcusmy2k@aol.com" <Marcusmy2k>
AddSaturday, March 3, 2007 8:54:45 PM

well i do not know who ben perry is? or what e-pray is, but it was about the tfm-4.0 amplifier that you made an offer on. i got back and it has ended. and you were very close to the price i was looking for..

Offer expired. Your offer has expired.

Dear treitz3,
Your offer has expired on the following eBay item:
carver rare!!! TFM-4.0 amplifier 375 wpc 1000 mono

Your offer price: US $580.00
Your terms: --
BIN price: US $850.00
View item | Go to My eBay

Don't let it get away!.

Details for item number: 280086313180
Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :BOEO:US:1

End date: Mar-01-07 19:31:35 PST
Quantity: 1 available
Seller: europeanmotorparts [contact seller]

More from this seller

PIONEER ELITE VSX-95 MINT RECEIVER W/BOX + $100 REMOTE
US $325.00

phase linear 300 II power amplifier beautiful carver
US $250.00

View seller's other items

Marketplace Safety Tip

 If you are contacted about buying a similar item outside of eBay, please do not respond. Outside-of-eBay transactions are against eBay policy, and they are not covered by eBay services such as feedback and eBay purchase protection programs.
 Visit My eBay to manage all of your transactions (including Second Chance Offers). That way, you can be confident these transactions have been listed on eBay.

Thank you for using eBay!
http://www.ebay.com/
Ben Perry <benperry2>
AddSaturday, March 3, 2007 10:00:12 AM

You expressed interest in my item titled: carver rare!!! TFM-4.0 amplifier 375 wpc 1000 mono -Item number: 280086313180 . In compliance with eBay policy, I`m making this Second Chance offer to you through eBay Security & Resolution Center (square trade). The user with the top offer had some problems and couldn't handle the situation, so following eBay's suggestion, I've contacted you this way. If you are interested in purchasing this item we will be able to exchange feedback and have a safe transaction.
Reply soon!

This may NOT be in a timely order, but you can see for yourself what the [censor shit???..... Awww Hell No They Didin't !!!! ....] is going on.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:25 am

The asshole who took the bids wrote: The user with the top offer
FYI....there were only two that I saw, even at the end of auction. The other bidder did not meet his "requirements" of having at least 10 positive feedbacks!

Excuse my "french", please....What the fuck ever!

I HATE E-DISASTER!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) =; =; =; [-X [-X [-X #-o #-o #-o [-( [-( [-(

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:35 am

garcianc
TFM-35

Post by garcianc » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:46 am

treitz3, these sound fishy to say the least and I am glad people in this board are sharing these experiences so we don't each have to learn the lesson.

I am beginning to notice a common thread with people who get scammed on ebay deals. They get suckered into taking their business outside of ebay where there are even less rules. It's easy to get caught up in the moment and not realize when you are "in the store" or outside since most people just see the transaction as "buying it over the internet" (which includes email, etc.).

I always recommend not doing any business by email, always using a credit card with some sort of fraud protection and always involving a third party (i.e. ebay and/or paypal) in the transaction.

Once the seller tries to take the transaction to the internet equivalent of "the back of his trunk", it's time to cut bait. Don't even entertain the email. It is unsolicited, so treat it as what it is, spam.

tfm75
SILVER-7t

Post by tfm75 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:39 am

This Seller: europeanmotorparts

I talked with him last year and he seemed honest at the time. He has moved at lot of high end Carvers and some mint Phase Linear Amps in the last 12-16 months. His feedback for the amount of transactions he has had is perfect.

But one thing that made me shy away is he was always Out of Town when he ran his auctions.

He also used the " we just had a baby " so the carvers must go story in his auctions of his TFM-75 and I beleave his TFM-55's that were sighned by Bob Carver as well.

Now he is out of town for his sisters wedding?

Do I put 100% trust in him, no. Do I feel he is dishonest, not sure.

But if he is dishonest he sure knows how to keep it off his feedback.

He has had some very nice mint amps that he has auctioned off in the last year and somehow he comes up with more!
I just thought because he was in Washington he was closer to Carvers old headquarters and now Sunfire and thats why and how he comes up with them.

Bill
SILVER-7t

Post by Bill » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:05 am

tfm75 wrote:This Seller: europeanmotorparts

I talked with him last year and he seemed honest at the time. He has moved at lot of high end Carvers and some mint Phase Linear Amps in the last 12-16 months. His feedback for the amount of transactions he has had is perfect.

But one thing that made me shy away is he was always Out of Town when he ran his auctions.

He also used the " we just had a baby " so the carvers must go story in his auctions of his TFM-75 and I beleave his TFM-55's that were sighned by Bob Carver as well.

Now he is out of town for his sisters wedding?

Do I put 100% trust in him, no. Do I feel he is dishonest, not sure.

But if he is dishonest he sure knows how to keep it off his feedback.

He has had some very nice mint amps that he has auctioned off in the last year and somehow he comes up with more!
I just thought because he was in Washington he was closer to Carvers old headquarters and now Sunfire and thats why and how he comes up with them.
While he may be telling you the truth, I will share my experience with "I was out of town" . I bought my TG1 from a guy who had very authentic looking photos of a TGIV in his house, allegedly. I bought it now at $900 thinking I got a killer deal. All of this is happening while I was in Iraq. I get home for my mid-tour leave a month later.......Still not there. So I decide it is time to call this guy and see what is up. i guess he had a death in the family and had to go out of town for two weeks, and got backlogged. In his defense, he did post that in all of his auctions that started two days after mine ended, so I doubt he was lying. A week into my leave, this thing arrives at my parent's house. It is a TGI. I was livid. I could have bought a TGI off of someone on Ebay for $550 that same week. I called the seller and basically told him I was going to send it back and that it was a illlegitimate listing and that was not the product I bought. Fearing negitive feedback, he asked me what a fair price would be for that processor, as he "didn't know" there was a difference. I basically told him to decide on a price, because I really didn't want this thing. The day I fly back to Iraq, I get a call in the airport from this guy saying he refunded $600 of my money for the problem and to please not leave a negitive feedback, because I guess I was more forgiving than his other customers. He re-registered anyway because there was about 15 negitive feedbacks for items shipping late. So I got a TG1 for $300. At least mine has a happy ending, unlike almost all of the other stories on here. \:D/
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.

tfm75
SILVER-7t

Post by tfm75 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:51 am

Bill when I bought my TGP II the pre amp came mint but had one of the led lights out for the Tuner presets and one of the buttons " 3 ch Stereo" seemed to be glued or stuck. And the remote was the Theater Master one that I have talked about before. Not the correct Sunfire Remote.

By the way it also took about a month to receive as seller said he had some sickness that put him under at the time.

The E-Bay listing said it was mint with original Remote Glass plate and box.

I was fine with the stuck button and the light, ok no problem but I called Sunfire about getting the correct remote the price from them is $ 275.00 ](*,)

I talked with the seller and he said he was sorry about the remote but it was the one that Sunfire sent with there first run of the TGP II but did offer people who had the early remote a free upgrade to the latest one when ready. He contacted Sunfire and thay sent him the newer remote for me. But it was a cat and mouse game getting it from him. He would only sent it to me if I left him good feedback.

I was already going to leave him good feedback and I told him that was a load of crap. He got his positive feedback and I got my remote, but for the game he played " when he was going to get a + feedback already" he turned into a real asshole.

Bill
SILVER-7t

Post by Bill » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:19 pm

Some of these people just don't get it man. If you follow through, THEN I will leave positive feedback. The guy who sold me my TG1 got a neutral, mostly because he already left me a positive. He deserved worse, but I figured there was no point. I got it for $300, I really couldn't complain. It just took a month and a half to get it sorted out. Water under the bridge.
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.

rhiggs
TFM-45

Post by rhiggs » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:39 pm

tfm75 wrote:This Seller: europeanmotorparts

He buys a lot on ebay. Mostly BIN or snipes. He must surf the listings a lot and buys all over the map (not just Carver gear). Some of the stuff was broken (a lot of the Carver gear) - figured he dropped it off at Carver repair to get fixed or does it himself.

I have had him bid against me several times.
Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. I may get
killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it,
cause it's going to be empty.

Why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways?

weitrhino
SILVER-7t

Post by weitrhino » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:22 pm

I have actually purchased from europeanmotorparts about, I dunno, 8 months ago before prices became insane. He offered a "near mint" M500t which I got for the then prevailing price range. I cleaned it out as soon as I got it as it was dust filled, but cosmetically it looked good. After 3 days of checking out when I had time I found it ran hot, much hotter than my other 500, and had a lower power output. I responded to my original positive feedback. Read:

Item arrived, seems stable and clean. No worries, mon!

Buyer katanarama( 71Feedback score is 50 to 99)
Jun-26-06 19:46 9740348041

Follow-up by katanarama: Aft 3 days I find amp has low output-very hot-needs svc, Not near mint as listed
Jul-08-06 20:34

The guy had strong feedback so I felt comfortable. But this business just seems fishy. I have seen him list items since and steer clear of him.

tfm75
SILVER-7t

Post by tfm75 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:46 am

weitrhino

Just a heads up my M500t cost me the most to have repaired due to the caps when thay leaked. If not serviced yet keep this in mind and try to keep low hrs on her until you have fixed.

weitrhino
SILVER-7t

Post by weitrhino » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:33 pm

tfm75,

I hope the same is not true in my case. Anyway, the amp will be off to Rita, Mylinda, Laura and crew soon.

cheers, weitrhino

weitrhino
SILVER-7t

Post by weitrhino » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:11 pm

My M500t went out to CCAR 2 days ago after speaking with Rita. Remember, this is the one I bought through eBay from user 'europeanmotorparts' as discussed above. But I discovered something about my amp I had not noticed before. This amp has no serial number. True, the number is just on a paper sticker, so it's absence may just be happenstance. But it could be something on the shady side, too. I'm surprised I didn't notice this before.

Nevertheless, here's to Rita, Mylinda, and Laura.....may they work their magic on my amp....and be around a long time.

cheers, weitrhino

Mr. M-500t
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by Mr. M-500t » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:17 pm

The serial number is on the inside to weitrhine.

Return to “E-Bay Boondoggles”