The latest Flea-Prey crap. Check THIS out!!!

Problems with E-bay? Let us know.

Moderator: Audioshopper

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

The latest Flea-Prey crap. Check THIS out!!!

Post by treitz3 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:50 am

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - EBay Inc. said Tuesday it will cut by up to 50 percent the fees it charges sellers to list their goods online, in an effort to boost listings and keep pace with other burgeoning e-commerce sites.

To balance the fee cut, the company plans to increase its commission on items that do sell, a method the company says sellers prefer because it lowers their risk if items do not sell.

The greatest fee increase will come for goods selling for less than $25.[Rick, pay attention now...] EBay's fee for those transactions will rise 67 percent, to 8.75 percent of the final sale price.

"A majority of sellers will see their fees go down," said company spokesman Usher Lieberman. "We are basing our success on their success and we want to encourage sellers to list more items with us."

The new fee structure, announced to a gathering of 200 of eBay's top North American sellers in Washington, goes into effect Feb. 20 in the United States. More pricing changes are coming shortly in the United Kingdom and Germany.

EBay has struggled with flattening growth in recent years [wonder why? :roll: ] and a temporary drop in the number of items for sale on its site.

Listings on eBay's various sites in the fourth quarter rose 4 percent, reversing two straight quarters of declines, the company reported last week. The number of people actively using the site has also stagnated, rising just 2 percent from a year ago.

The online auctioneer has faced increasing competition from other e-commerce sites such as Amazon.com, which does not charge a listing fee.

EBay's various fees have long been a point of contention for its sellers, which range from mom-and-pop vendors to online stores with large inventories.

The changes come as longtime chief executive Meg Whitman announced she would retire at the end of March [about fookin' time!!!]. Incoming CEO John Donahoe, president of eBay Marketplaces, which encompasses its shopping sites and classifieds, has said he will aggressively change eBay's product, customer approach and business model.

Along with changes to the fee structure, eBay said it will change how sellers show up on customer searches. Those with high rates of customer dissatisfaction will get lower exposure in a search, the company said.

The other parts of the new policies that should have people running for the hills:

1. As of May, sellers will no longer be able to give buyers neutral or negative ratings, only positive ratings. The rating system is now utterly meaningless.

2. PayPal can, at its discretion, based on nebulously-worded criteria, lock PayPal funds until (1) the buyer leaves positive feedback, or (2) 21 days have passed without a chargeback from the buyer.

Now that you all know this....check this out.

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m07/i06/s02

And I quote..."eBay's Safe Payments policy states that a payment service must have a "substantial historical track record of providing safe and reliable financial and/or banking related services."

With their track record, THEY are taking the high road? Pffft.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:21 am

What a pile of BS.

I'll make a prediction, sales are going to fall off even more.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

Mr. M-500t
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by Mr. M-500t » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:53 am

They already have F1nut ! (Me)

This is what usually happens to crooks, the greed takes over and they go into self destruct mode ! How long do you think it'll be before the share holders start jumping ship ?

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:24 pm

500 - where are you selling now?
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Mr. M-500t

Post by Mr. M-500t » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:56 pm

BillD wrote:500 - where are you selling now?
No where BillD.
If you need something PM me.

tomstat
SILVER-7t

Post by tomstat » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:16 am

I guess eprey execs never read the story about that goose that laid golden eggs... killing it to get more and such.

Eprey is starting to sound like the government... toying with fees rather than taxes, making summary decisions about who must pay what. Arrogance doesn't begin to describe it.
ImageImage

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:10 am

I saw on the Wired RSS feed that eBayers weren't happy, even though eBay says the 60% of their sellers will see a cut.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Mr. M-500t

Post by Mr. M-500t » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:59 am

BillD wrote:I saw on the Wired RSS feed that eBayers weren't happy, even though eBay says the 60% of their sellers will see a cut.
It must be true because there are so many sellers that sell multiple items under $25.00 I can't see any of them being happy about it including me.
It makes me feel like they don't want us around.

faustus
M-400t CUBE

Post by faustus » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:43 pm

Makes me feel like they don't want BUYERS either.

Can't leave neutral or negative feedback? Oh, I understand, we are supposed to take the seller's word that all gear is minty and free of problems? Or, you can check the positive-only feedback? WTF?

It must have been getting too hard for the shit-sellers to make a dishonest living!

tomstat
SILVER-7t

Post by tomstat » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:58 am

faustus wrote:Can't leave neutral or negative feedback?
WHAT?!! So if someone screws you, there is no facility for warning other buyers?
ImageImage

Mr. M-500t

Post by Mr. M-500t » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:07 am

tomstat wrote:
faustus wrote:Can't leave neutral or negative feedback?
WHAT?!! So if someone screws you, there is no facility for warning other buyers?
It would seem they don't want to know about the frauds anymore. :-k

FesteLV
TFM-75

Post by FesteLV » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:30 am

If they admit they know something about them, then the will be held accountable as complicit; we know that's not going to happen. [-(
Feste
Las Vegas

C-4000t, TX-11a, Silver 9t(2), M-1.0t(2), SD/A 490t, Apogee Calipers

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:04 pm

Read it again guys.

1. As of May, sellers will no longer be able to give buyers neutral or negative ratings, only positive ratings.

Buyers can still leave neutral or negative ratings. I believe the rational here is to prevent sellers from leaving retalatory negatives.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

weitrhino
SILVER-7t

Post by weitrhino » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:23 pm

F1nut wrote:I believe the rational here is to prevent sellers from leaving retalatory negatives.
That's the only negative I ever got. Bozo seller sent wrong item, big hassle getting the right stuff, and then shorted me on the package. I left negative and he smeared me for it.

tfm75
SILVER-7t

Post by tfm75 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:29 pm

[quote= ]Read it again guys.

1. As of May, sellers will no longer be able to give buyers neutral or negative ratings, only positive ratings..[/quote]

This just might be a good thing. As far as I feel once the buyer has my money I have did my part. I have always paid when the auction was compleated with in the hour of it finishing, still to get dicked around by the seller for weeks before item was shipped. I even had a seller hold a remote hostage unless I gave him good feedback.
Last edited by tfm75 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “E-Bay Boondoggles”