The 1st ever Carver Home Media Center PC - MUST SEE !!!!

Custom Equipment Mods.
weitrhino
SILVER-7t

Post by weitrhino » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:44 am

Dreamer,

Do you have any progress to report? I have acquired just about all the parts I think I need to build a cool server for myself--just as soon as my basement remodeling is done. I also have a speaker project in mind, and..and...and.....and......

Dreamer
SILVER-7t

Post by Dreamer » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:41 pm

Actually, that project is sort of on hold, while I get my main system all tweeked and put together. I've got the main speakers finally "dialed in" after about 2 weeks fo fiddling (Martin Logan Sequels), and I'm driving them with an M-500t. I'm planning on driving down to Southern VA to pick up a pair of ML Stylos for my rear speakers (in a growing 5.1 system) an am currently looking for a good deal on some sort of ML center speaker, and a decent 5.1 processor (either a Sunfire preamp, or a Lexicon processor), and if I can get really lucky, a pair of Silver 7t or 9t amps for the main speakers. (the M-500t does an OK job, but the Silver7/9 LOVES the Sequels).

After I get the 5.1 system all put together, then I'm going to start working on the music server idea. Until then, I can jsut use my laptop and iTunes. (The Mac laptops have really cool little remotes that allow for easy control of iTunes and te other Apple iLife media programs)...

So for now, the Mac-based music server idea is sort of on-hold. but as soon as I get back on track with that project, I'll be sure to post about it.

--Richard C.

crazygreekangelo
Newbie 50+

Post by crazygreekangelo » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:13 pm

Would there be any way to fit a microATX board inside the DTL-100, as opposed to a miniITX board?

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:14 pm

crazygreekangelo wrote:Would there be any way to fit a microATX board inside the DTL-100, as opposed to a miniITX board?
Would be easy, the micro is smaller than the mini... plenty of room.

kloneman1
Newbie 50+

Re:

Post by kloneman1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:53 pm

Dreamer wrote:I've been wanting to do a similar project with a Mac-based processor, but I've been having a heck of a time finding a non-i-Tunes software solution. I recently came across this package from Austrailia called Kenbushi, and I think I'm going to get it, and try it out on my laptop. If it works, I know EXACTLY what my plan of attack will be!

I want to get a Mac Mini (used) and then pull all the guts out of the case, and mount it in some sort of rack-mount case (so that it looks like a big Carver receiver). I can do my own silk-screening, so I'll design all the faceplate labeling, and can print it on the faceplate, to look like some sort of bastard child of Carver and Apple.

I'll definitely keep y'all posted as to how this experiment goes...

--Richard C.
Good show! I will probably do this too at some point when my entertainment center is removed. Perhaps I can roll the purchase of new computing hardware into the one I am going to make when I trade out the TGII, DVD/VCR combo and my center and surrounds. I'm keeping my current amp (Cinema Grand Signature 5x400), front mains, turntable, and a pair of Reel-to-Reels that I don't have the heart to dispose of, but the rest is disposable, including all of the junk interconnects.
Kloneman

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Re: The 1st ever Carver Home Media Center PC - MUST SEE !!!!

Post by TNRabbit » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:23 pm

Holy Thread Revival, Batman! :shock: :o :) :D :lol:
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

kloneman1
Newbie 50+

Re: The 1st ever Carver Home Media Center PC - MUST SEE !!!!

Post by kloneman1 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:10 am

TNRabbit wrote:Holy Thread Revival, Batman! :shock: :o :) :D :lol:
hehe, Have you seen "Dark Knight" yet?

Since I'm still checking out threads here, (often with no regard to the original post date - the month and day part looked close enough to me - that I missed that YEAR thing) you may continue to see "belated" responses from me in the near future. :o
Kloneman

Return to “!!! MODS !!!”