This would be awesome if it really works?

Custom Equipment Mods.
Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

This would be awesome if it really works?

Post by Jag_97470 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:35 pm

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Re: This would be awesome if it really works?

Post by BillD » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:26 am

I have a Harmony remote (not that one) that works in a similar fashion. You plug it into your computer and Logitech has a database of products with remote codes. You select your devices and then you set up your activiries like ("watch a DVD" which turns on a bunch of stuff, ejects the tray from your DVD player, etc.). Works OK, but very hard to get all the delays right and, if your equipment isn't clustered, get the remote far enough away to hit all the sensors but not too far away to lose the IR contact. Works great for single devices. I got a Carver PSC-60 without remote and told the Harmony software that I had a Carver CT-6, and it loaded the remote with the codes. The only thing I can't do with it is select the second bank of presets (I haven't found that).

Also in that macro mode, if one component is on when it shouldn't be, the whole thing fails, because most power buttons just toggle. So, you must be sure everything is off before doing anything.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Jag_97470 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:40 pm

BillD wrote:I have a Harmony remote (not that one) that works in a similar fashion. You plug it into your computer and Logitech has a database of products with remote codes. You select your devices and then you set up your activiries like ("watch a DVD" which turns on a bunch of stuff, ejects the tray from your DVD player, etc.). Works OK, but very hard to get all the delays right and, if your equipment isn't clustered, get the remote far enough away to hit all the sensors but not too far away to lose the IR contact. Works great for single devices. I got a Carver PSC-60 without remote and told the Harmony software that I had a Carver CT-6, and it loaded the remote with the codes. The only thing I can't do with it is select the second bank of presets (I haven't found that).

Also in that macro mode, if one component is on when it shouldn't be, the whole thing fails, because most power buttons just toggle. So, you must be sure everything is off before doing anything.
Thanks for the input BillD :D

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Located in Marietta Georgia

Post by angelod307 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:06 am

pang55215 wrote:It's just a fucking SPAMMER, please do not post after SPAM, so that it can be removed from the thread...

wtf are you talking about? just curious.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by angelod307 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:08 am

Jag_97470 wrote:
BillD wrote:I have a Harmony remote (not that one) that works in a similar fashion. You plug it into your computer and Logitech has a database of products with remote codes. You select your devices and then you set up your activiries like ("watch a DVD" which turns on a bunch of stuff, ejects the tray from your DVD player, etc.). Works OK, but very hard to get all the delays right and, if your equipment isn't clustered, get the remote far enough away to hit all the sensors but not too far away to lose the IR contact. Works great for single devices. I got a Carver PSC-60 without remote and told the Harmony software that I had a Carver CT-6, and it loaded the remote with the codes. The only thing I can't do with it is select the second bank of presets (I haven't found that).

Thanks for the input BillD :D
i have a harmony one, and it does not have the correct codes for the sd/a-490t. it uses the 390 which is not the same.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

Return to “!!! MODS !!!”