Sunfire monophonic amplifier project

Custom Equipment Mods.
jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Sunfire monophonic amplifier project

Post by jjptkd » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:41 pm

I'm sorry this didn't work out for you! I don't think the amps will need to be refreshed if Bill performed his normal service work on them though, he's pretty thorough with his refurb's.

Honestly, I was surprised you were able to talk him into any extra work at all on these amplifiers. He has told me several times that his service guidelines are fairly strict in that he has a duty as a factory authorized, out of warranty repair center to return things back to stock as any manufacturer would while refurbishing a product with the exception of factory approved updates and improved parts.
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

Miko1971
TFM-6cb

Re: Sunfire monophonic amplifier project

Post by Miko1971 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:02 pm

It was dependent on him enlisting a friend. So after spending a few weeks talking about it and all that, his buddy backed out. Bill is Bill... I can't blame the guy... I tried to make it as painless as possible for him.. But without help he wasn't able to do it. It's cool...Bill is going to service the rest of my armada. I am going to alter my plans and send the extra binding posts to Utah and they can convert my SL's to bi-amp style.. My back plates are there now getting the Hot Rod and Consummate upgrades. Trees bend in the wind... So in life we must also bend against the wind... ( although I spent a considerable amount of my youth running against the wind )....

Return to “!!! MODS !!!”