Carver M 500T fuse problem

If you have Carver repair questions, or can help other users with repairs, this is the place for it
QMercury

Carver M 500T fuse problem

Post by QMercury » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:51 am

I had my Carver M 500T refreshed with the MK upgrade a year or so ago.

It recently blew a fuse. When I try to replace it, the amp sounds like it’s going to blow before I can shut it off. The fuse doesn’t survive.

I’ve tried replacing it twice. Once with a fuse that was recommended here a couple of years ago. The other the same type it came back from the shop with.

Does anyone know if this is a big deal to fix?

I am on the fence to whether I should keep putting money into this amp.
Any opinions would be appreciated.

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Carver M 500T fuse problem

Post by Magnaryder » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:27 am

Obviously there is something going on with the amp. Have you been in contact with the individual who did the mod and did they offer a warranty? I'd try them first. If no luck there you might try Greg Garska at

Nahash5150@gmail.com

Greg will help you out

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

UncleMeat
TFM-25

Post by UncleMeat » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:54 pm

Do you know who did the MK-II upgrade job on it? Most (not all) MK-II upgrades are warrantied against failure if done by the MK-II techs who work on them. You should first try and contact the person who did the updates/mods on the unit, if you are unable to get in contact with that person then ask Greg (or other techs who do these mods) on thecarversite.com

QMercury

Post by QMercury » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:13 pm

There was a yearlong warranty on the upgrade which is up. There’s usually around a 6 month waiting list with him, which I hate the thought of. I will contact him though.

I might give Greg a shout too.

Thanks so much

Return to “CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum”