FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:43 am

Need help for CT-24

<<

CarverFan2009

Post Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:34 am

Need help for CT-24

Greeting all,

I have a CT-24, recently found out its right channel has sound leaking out when volume turned down to zero, I have checked each of input just to make sure that it was not caused by inputing souses. When turning up the volume to one third, I can hear that sound comes out from Right channel is in high distrotion and not listenable. Left channel is fine. Is anyone knowing about this issue ? Any idea what caused that ? Is it worth to fix ? thank you all.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Need help for CT-24

I personally don't think its worth fixing. For the price of the repair ( unless you can do the electronic work) you can buy a much better pre amp such as a C-1 for around $100. Good luck however with it.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: Need help for CT-24

CarverFan2009 wrote:Greeting all,

I have a CT-24, recently found out its right channel has sound leaking out when volume turned down to zero, Is it worth to fix ? thank you all.

That is probably going to be a very widely debated question. My personal opinion on fixing it depends on if it happens to be one of the first CT-24s that was still made in Washington or not. If it's not made in Wash. then it's not worth fixing. Most of the Carver gear that has the gray dials and oval displays was not made in Washington and is not worth a darn. (just a guideline, not a rule) Look on the back, see where it was made and go from there...

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum