FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:38 am

SD/A - 490t CD player

<<

scooderdude

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:30 pm

SD/A - 490t CD player

Apologies for a redundant and prior forum entry (in an incorrect location). I'm new to this forum and seems I was a bit lost when iIposted a question about a strange and sudden malfunction of my SD/A-490t.

It's the holiday season, so decided to play some Xmas CDs yesterday, which was accomplished with no issues. Today on Xmas Eve, I wanted to listen to more, and a problem arose. I've hardly used it over the last decade, and only infrequently its first.

When I first put in the CD, the first track played fine except for it "skipping" a bit. I figured there must be a smudge or lint on the disc, so I ejected the disc, took a look, and saw nothing apparent.

So I put the disc back in, and all seemed fine, except now it would not play.

The player would go through the prelim steps of scanning and displaying total minutes, but when I hit the PLAY buttom..... nothing. It failed to "recognize" the first track after hitting PLAY, and that was repeated for each track I selected, and for every other disc I attempted to play. When I hit "RANDOM", the little scrolling display kept going round and round and round and..... it never stopped scanning, and never slected which tracks to play and in what order.

Ideas?
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:38 pm

Re: SD/A - 490t CD player

Like I said in the other post...If you don't get any other things to try give Roland a call. He is the only person I know of who has parts to repair Carver Cd players.

Carver Audio Repair Center
Hi-Tech Audio Ltd.
2125 SW 19th St.
Gresham Oregon 97080
503-618-7605 Fax 503-674-8593
http://www.carveraudiorepair.com
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

scooderdude

Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:09 am

Thanks for the tip. Before finding this forum I first discovered the website for RC's repair shop in Oregon. We've already communicated via e-mail and phone in just the last hour, and his suggestion is the same as yours. I'll give it a go, and if it fails to work, I'll ship it to him.

Thanks!
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:23 pm

See other post
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum