FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:25 am

Rits'a price increases....

<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:11 pm

Re: Rits'a price increases....

yup, I just sent the C-1. Cost me $45 for priority so I cant bitch. $3 more then the amp and it should be there Tuesday. Maybe Wednesday because of Mondays holiday. That's Ok by me. And it's insured for $300 too.Thats less then 1/2 the time then UPS. The quicker it gets there the faster they get to it.
Currently In Use
Current Rack; Carver M-4.0t Power Amp, Carver C-4000t Pre Amp,Empire 598III Turntable, Denon DL-103R cart/stylus,Pioneer RT-909 Reel To Reel,Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck,DBX Pro Series 231 Dual Channel 31 band EQ,Pioneer PDR-555RW CD,DBX-3bx,Berwun Research 7000A TNE,DBX-224x DS TypeII NR, Klipsch Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:56 pm

And what were you shippin?

A large, heavy and very expensive amp.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:28 am

I know we're way off topic here but I just had to let ya all know my baby is Home. My M-400a got here last night at 5:30PM. I think I'm close to UPS's last stop. Anytime I get something from them it's always this late. I could never sneak anything past the wife if I wanted too [-X

Anyway, it even smells new. This is the amp that also went through a house fire back 15 or so years ago. The smell of the fire is now gone too. Bob's signature is right there in front with his standard message on top. Is there a way ( I think I did see someone say somewhere) to be able to preserve his signature so it doesn't wear off. I clean the surface of all my gear on a regular basis. It's a must around here. Both me and the wife smoke and I aint tellin what we smoke, besides cigarettes that is [-( , so I try to keep the gear as clean as possible.

I still haven't got it hooked up either. I really want to stick to the promise I made to myself and wait until my C-1 is finished and home so I can use the two together but I don't think I can. The M-400 I am using now is very aggrevating the way it shuts down with hardly any power being driven. I also think there must be something wrong in there for it to be kicking off the way it does. It needs an overhaul. More so then the 400a did. Anyway, we will see what happens. I am anxious to see how the 400a sounds with all new caps and resistors.
Currently In Use
Current Rack; Carver M-4.0t Power Amp, Carver C-4000t Pre Amp,Empire 598III Turntable, Denon DL-103R cart/stylus,Pioneer RT-909 Reel To Reel,Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck,DBX Pro Series 231 Dual Channel 31 band EQ,Pioneer PDR-555RW CD,DBX-3bx,Berwun Research 7000A TNE,DBX-224x DS TypeII NR, Klipsch Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"
Previous

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum