FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Return shipping from Rita's....

<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:16 pm

Return shipping from Rita's....

Who here has had their amp shipped back from Rita? What did she charge you and how was the packing? Waiting for my TFM-45 to be done.......
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:19 pm

Re: Return shipping from Rita's....

dyeraudio wrote:Who here has had their amp shipped back from Rita? What did she charge you and how was the packing? Waiting for my TFM-45 to be done.......

My Sunfire came back from there. they used the original packing materials I used. It was shipped in the original factory packing, so I cannot speak to how they would pack things.

They do ship UPS and insure everything for 2500.00 unless otherwise requested. I am very happy with Rita's
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:27 pm

Oh shit... I hope Ray doesn't find this thread !!!
He has a not so nice story about his OEM Lightstar packing.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:33 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Oh shit... I hope Ray doesn't find this thread !!!
You read my mind...
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:59 pm

OK....but what were you guys charged for return shipping?
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:03 pm

65.00 or there abouts...
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:52 pm

nooshinjohn wrote:65.00 or there abouts...

Holy shit!!! First a $155 jump in repair price then that much for shipping? How do they ship? UPS or FedEx...is it our choice?
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:53 pm

dyeraudio wrote:
nooshinjohn wrote:65.00 or there abouts...

Holy shit!!! First a $155 jump in repair price then that much for shipping? How do they ship? UPS or FedEx...is it our choice?

UPS... but if you ask nice, I am sure they can crunch it down enough to fit inside
a USPS flat-rate box. :lol:
<<

m1.5tman

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:38 am

My brother shipped my TFM-55 from his employer using FEDEX for a cost of $23. It was shipped back using our packing material and boxes using UPS for $52. Go figure :?
M1.5t; TFM-55; C-1; TX-11a; TX-2; C-9; Pioneer A-717 integrated amp; HPM-100's
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:42 am

They ship UPS. It's also no secret. It says so on the website and I think it alsi says so on this site and in the thread about Oh Damn, I got to think and it's early in the morning and my meds are kicking in. Is it the one about Carver Repair Locations? Anyway, it's no secret.

I have sent 2 items so far. My M-400a and my C-1 pre amp. Its strange cause my M-400a is home and my C-1 should be on it's way BUT, they still haven't charged me yet for the M-400a? I even called and spoke with Rita and reminded her that she or her biller hasn't taken their money for the amp yet. Then when my C-1 was done and they called for the billing information I told them again that they still haven't billed fore the M-400a!. I told the woman I spoke with, this was the new person I spoke about in another thread, to give me a couple days and just bill me for both. She was nice about it and thanked me for reminded her about the M-400. I told her this was the second time that I told them that they didn't bill me. Anyway, I still don't know how much the return shipping is and I had the M-400 back home for a couple weeks now.

I did spend $42 to ship it to her but I sent it USPO and Priority guaranteed 2 -3 day delivery. Regular mail would have been $23. Oh, and she shipped it back the same way it arrived. I packed the hell out of my amp. It would have withstood the Gorilla test *5*
Currently In Use
Current Rack; Carver M-4.0t Power Amp, Carver C-4000t Pre Amp,Empire 598III Turntable, Denon DL-103R cart/stylus,Pioneer RT-909 Reel To Reel,Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck,DBX Pro Series 231 Dual Channel 31 band EQ,Pioneer PDR-555RW CD,DBX-3bx,Berwun Research 7000A TNE,DBX-224x DS TypeII NR, Klipsch Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:06 am

They charge $25 to pack it up, then shipping on to of that. Check with them, they are up front about it.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:11 pm

Well that kinda sucks to be charged $25 to put your piece back in the same box it came in and packed the same way.....there should only be the cost of actual shipping....we all just gave you $425 already.....sheesh.......ok.....whatever.......not much choice.....
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:25 pm

I don't think Rita's charging $25 to re-pack your own stuff...
I think the $25 was for the items she had to FIND boxes for, to ship to us... ??? "Lightstar"
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:28 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I don't think Rita's charging $25 to re-pack your own stuff...
I think the $25 was for the items she had to FIND boxes for, to ship to us... ??? "Lightstar"

You are correct. They only charge you if your packaging to them is substandard. If you packed it well going to them, they will re-use your packaging and send it back. If they need to repackage they will charge you.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:32 pm

Well we could all save money if we just sent all our sh!t off to China to be repaired....

:( :-s
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
Next

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum