FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:55 pm

Return shipping from Rita's....

<<

m1.5tman

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Re: Return shipping from Rita's....

TNRabbit wrote:Well we could all save money if we just sent all our sh!t off to China to be repaired....

:( :-s

Why not ! That's where it's all made anyway. Probably even in the same factory. If I had to guess, I would say Emotiva and Sunfire share the same facility. But that wouldn't be a bad thing as they both put out an excellent product.
M1.5t; TFM-55; C-1; TX-11a; TX-2; C-9; Pioneer A-717 integrated amp; HPM-100's
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:43 pm

m1.5tman wrote:
TNRabbit wrote:Well we could all save money if we just sent all our sh!t off to China to be repaired....

Why not ! That's where it's all made anyway. Probably even in the same factory. If I had to guess, I would say Emotiva and Sunfire share the same facility. But that wouldn't be a bad thing as they both put out an excellent product.

All my Sunfire stuff and my Carver stuff says made in USA.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:15 pm

I was charged over $300.00 to ship my Mono blocks to me by UPS.

I had asked Lisa to ship by Fedex, where I was quoted $145.00, but due to fuckups
it was shipped UPS.
I was lucky that I did not have to pay UPS high import charges, as my wife (Pat) is a customs
broker and she looked after all the paper work.
UPS told me that to do the paperwork based on the value of the amps would have been over $400.00 extra.

You guys are so lucky in the US. Less that $7.00 to ship a small package in the US. To ship the same package to Canada $21.00

Brian.
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

icravcarver

TFM-25

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:50 pm

I had double boxed my TFM-55 , just to be safe even though I was pretty sure my inner box was strong enough and packed well enough to get the job done. Didn't want to take any chances. They ended up sending my unit back in my inner box only, and added a little extra packaging inside it to be safe. It was around $52 to ship back to Central NY, by UPS that is. I didn't care as long as it came back in one piece. And it sound freaking awesome to boot. Thanks Rita!! 8)
OCCD claims another victim!!

Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: TFM-55; C-16; SD/A-490t; TD-1770; BEDROOM: HR-772
Non Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: Dual CS-530 TT w/Ortofon Super OM10; POLK SDA-1C's; Phillips CDR-775 CD Burner; BSR EQ-300; BEDROOM: T.B.A.

"I may be poor, but I am rich in sound!!"
<<

m1.5tman

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:12 am

nooshinjohn wrote:
m1.5tman wrote:

All my Sunfire stuff and my Carver stuff says made in USA.

Oops! That's why God gave us feet--- so I could insert mine in my mouth :lol:
M1.5t; TFM-55; C-1; TX-11a; TX-2; C-9; Pioneer A-717 integrated amp; HPM-100's
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:00 am

You're probably right, probably!!! But then again, it's NOT being rebuilt/restored by the hands that built Carver Gear it in the first place. Quualified Carver Technitians that know Carver gear inside and out, through and through. I for one would rather pay the extra knowing that Rita and her crew were the ones doing my Carver Gear.

And let me tell ya, I'm far from having money to spare. Remember, I'm the one that a member here said I was a whinner :-({|= :lol: looking for sympathy over money!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But... I found a way to have not 1, not 2 but 3 pieces of my Carver Gear restored. Well, 2 so far but as soon as I get the tracking # for the second, the 3rd is boxed and ready to go.

So, I would say to anybody that wants to, go ahead and save a few pennies and send your Carver gear to China or anywhere else for that matter for fixin but for me there's only one place I'll turn to and trust for putting their hands on mine and thats Rita's. =D> =D>
Currently In Use
Current Rack; Carver M-4.0t Power Amp, Carver C-4000t Pre Amp,Empire 598III Turntable, Denon DL-103R cart/stylus,Pioneer RT-909 Reel To Reel,Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck,DBX Pro Series 231 Dual Channel 31 band EQ,Pioneer PDR-555RW CD,DBX-3bx,Berwun Research 7000A TNE,DBX-224x DS TypeII NR, Klipsch Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:13 am

icravcarver wrote:I had double boxed my TFM-55 , just to be safe even though I was pretty sure my inner box was strong enough and packed well enough to get the job done. Didn't want to take any chances. They ended up sending my unit back in my inner box only, and added a little extra packaging inside it to be safe. It was around $52 to ship back to Central NY, by UPS that is. I didn't care as long as it came back in one piece. And it sound freaking awesome to boot. Thanks Rita!! 8)

Hey, you from Liverpool :o ?? I'm a bit south of you down here in Homer, NY. We should try to get together sometime :)
Currently In Use
Current Rack; Carver M-4.0t Power Amp, Carver C-4000t Pre Amp,Empire 598III Turntable, Denon DL-103R cart/stylus,Pioneer RT-909 Reel To Reel,Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck,DBX Pro Series 231 Dual Channel 31 band EQ,Pioneer PDR-555RW CD,DBX-3bx,Berwun Research 7000A TNE,DBX-224x DS TypeII NR, Klipsch Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"
<<

icravcarver

TFM-25

Post Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:29 pm

I actually am down in Truxton during hunting season. Its not too far. I often travel to Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh when I have to go to PA for work, and they have their "AudioGeeks" meetings twice a month (I believe it is twice - beemers or thuffman, pipe in any time). We should try to start our own Carver/Audio Geek meetings. (Just have to try an juggle it with the rat's (kids) activities.

Neil

Non Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: Dual CS-530 TT w/Ortofon Super OM10; POLK SDA-1C's; Phillips CDR-775 CD Burner; BSR EQ-300; BEDROOM: T.B.A.

<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:34 am

icravcarver wrote:I actually am down in Truxton during hunting season. Its not too far. I often travel to Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh when I have to go to PA for work, and they have their "AudioGeeks" meetings twice a month (I believe it is twice - beemers or thuffman, pipe in any time). We should try to start our own Carver/Audio Geek meetings. (Just have to try an juggle it with the rat's (kids) activities.

Neil

Truxton...Damn, can't remember the last time I been there, but then again, why???. Hell, I kill deer off my deck!! I live that far out in the Boonies. I'm only 1 mile south of the Onandaga county line on Rt 41 as your coming down from Skeaneatles to Homer. About 6 miles south of Spafford. If your ever down this way, let me know and I'll PM ya my phone#.

I've gotten some gear from AudioClassics in Vestal. My daughters boyfriend lives in that town and they have picked it up for me. I never been there before. Too dangerous for me to go to any audio stores that carry vintage :lol:

Ed
Currently In Use
<<

icravcarver

TFM-25

Post Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:52 pm

I frequent their website often. I myself am too scared to go in also. Not sure I would make it out alive, or worse yet, with a second mortgage on the homestead!

I will definitely PM you next time I am going to be down your way. Would like to meet you and check out your gear.

Neil

<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:57 am

icravcarver wrote:I frequent their website often. I myself am too scared to go in also. Not sure I would make it out alive, or worse yet, with a second mortgage on the homestead!

I will definitely PM you next time I am going to be down your way. Would like to meet you and check out your gear.

Neil

It would be great to meet up with you...anytime you're in the area or just want to get away. maybe summertime. We can drag the scalas out on my deck, suck down a few brews, burn some pluck and drown in my pool. I got a huge yard, live in the boonies and can crank the gear as loud as I want. Oh, March 20 a few of my fellow Audio Karma friends are having a mini AK fest in Rochester. Just a small gathering with all vintage gear. If your interested, I'll give you the location.
If there are any other Carver folks interested in a summer get together at my place if your close by, let me know

Ed
Currently In Use
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:56 am

My C-1 is on her way home =P~ . Now I'm itchin, the M-400a is still waiting as I have anxiously kept my promise to myself and not hooked it up yet. The C-1 should be here this week and when it gets here, I'll drag the rack away from the wall and swap C-1's with the newly restored one and the restored M-400a and begin to raise the rafters. \:D/

I still have a hard time coming to grips with the fact that it's been 29 years since I bought these new. Just can't figure out where 29 years has gone! :shock:
Currently In Use
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:41 pm

My C-1 got home last night. \:D/

I hooked it up along with the newly restored M-400a amp that Rita's also did for me back in mid january. I even kept my promise to myself and did not pluf the 400a in until the C-1 got home. By the time I got everything wired up I hade had enough. I didn't even have the strainght tho get the racks back against the wall. Testing would have to wait until today.

I got up this morning and got the racks back in place but waited until everyone left the house on their regular saturday routines before testing. I just knew I would be cranking beyond what anyone would want to hear. Well, I am here to tell you, Once I fired up the newly restored Carver m-400a and C-1 pre amp, I can remember why I bought them in the first place back in 1981. The sound was simply STUNNING. Now that is one word I never used before but the only way I can describe what I was hearing. The 1st thing I listened to was Rush~Moving Pictures on Vinyl, of course. This is my pristine copy I just got on 180GR remastered Vinyl. There was nothing but silence where there was supposed be and nothing but clean, clear precise, blistering Rush music where there was supposed to be being delivered the only was it should be. By Carver!!!! I was simple STUNED.

It seemed like my LaScalas just woke up from a deep sleep. I just stood there with my jaw reaching my chest. Anyway, I guess you got my point. This was money well spent. My M-400 left today. When that gets home, it will be staying in the box. For Now anyway. I think Monday morning I'll email Ritas and let them know the M-400 is on it's way and also let them know how pleased I am with 2 of the 4 most important piece of gear I own. I still just can not get over how wonderful my stereo sounds now. I don't know if I'll be able to shut the bitch down tonight :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Currently In Use
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:29 am

BrianT wrote:I was charged over $300.00 to ship my Mono blocks to me by UPS.
I had asked Lisa to ship by Fedex, where I was quoted $145.00, but due to fuckups
it was shipped UPS.

Brian.

When you mention you were charged $300 for ups to ship your gear I am assuming that you were charged when they were shipped, or did the ups guy show up with them and inform you that you owed him $300 to your surprise?

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Well....my 45 will arrive Tuesday and my new Pre on Friday....purchased a virtually brand new CT-29 with all factory goodies today.. \:D/ ...next weekend will be audio heaven....a little Steely Dan "Gaucho" if you will....I'll let you guys know how the new 45 sounds with a better Pre.....oh yeah...now I have a CT-28V for sale...... :-s
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
Previous

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum