FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:10 pm

Shipping TO Rita's....

<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:45 pm

Shipping TO Rita's....

OK...So I shipped my TFM-45 to Rita...Here is a rundown of expenses to give you forum members an idea of about what it will cost....$60.67

I packed my amp in a box about 2 inches bigger than the amp on all sides....I was told my box had a "crush" rating of 44lbs....this box was then put in a box that measured 24 X 16 X 12 and had a "crush" rating of 200 lbs......this cost me $9.62.. :x ...then 2 "bags" of "fill" were added....this "fill" material was just styro peanuts which lined the box with about 2 inches of peanuts on all sides.......this cost another $8.58.. :x ...so by the time I was done after adding $1,000 of "loss protection" NOT insurance.... the grand total came to $60.67.. :x ..My amp will arrive by Friday and that total did include tracking as well.....I called Rita to ask a few questions and she strongly encouraged printing the pdf. file form from the website to explain the problem....also recommended adding any personal touches the piece may have such as Bobs sig...You can have your piece shipped back to you in the same packaging materials YOU provide by simply adding that note to your invoice....she will tell you that you "RA" number which is like a claim number is the last 4 digits of the serial number on the unit....any special requests such as Bob or Rita's sig. can be requested on that form as well....I hope this helps you guys....PLEASE double-box your gear....we are all aware of "What Brown Can Do TO YOU".....
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: Shipping TO Rita's....

Cool thanks for the write up and tips on shipping.
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:18 am

Well...Rita received my TFM-45 Friday.....I spoke with Linda and she said Rita was out for a couple days from a back issue.....expecet to add a few mores days....supposed to have it back by next Wednesday....anxious to hear a 490t played CD through a literally brand new 45..... :D
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

hookem1969

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Rita refurbed my TFM-42 that I rescued from a pawn shop that I bought for 30.00. I was lucky to get it in before the price hike but I did have to pay the extra 75.00 bench fee because how bad of shape it was in. She even upgraded the binding posts for me. Make sure you get Bob to sign it. I had to wait three weeks for 42 and my 1.5t to come back but, it was well worth the wait. If I had known at the time that a price increase was on the way, I would have sent her my 55 and C-1 also.

You did a great job in pakaging your amp to send through UPS but you could have gotten the packing materials for free. Furniture stores are a superb source for packing material. I have picked up bubble wrap, and heavy duty styrofoam and heavy duty corragated cardboard for free that I use to ship my electronics through UPS. All you have to do is ask, and they will just give the stuff to you. I like to think that I am doing my part in recycling this material and helping mankind and at the same time, helping out my pocket book... :D
Sunfire TGP III
C-1
TFM-55
TFM-42
M-1.5T
M-1.0T (modified by Rich to a MKII)
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:24 pm

Well I got a ton of bubble-wrap from work but I did want the heavy box....Bob signed the faces of my 490, CT-23 and TFM-45 at CarverFest '08..Image..so Rita is going to sign the top in gold Sharpie.....The cost of shipping really doesns't matter...why spare expense when you will end up with a brand new amp that would cost a helluva lot more to replace power comparable...even with adding in the price of shipping back and forth.....I think I only paid like $200 for it along with my first 490t.....was $400 total :shock: for the 490t and 45......and he was the original owner so...... I'll have prolly $550 for a brand new 45.......
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:33 pm

Wow, those look brand new! Cool pic's! Thanks

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum