FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:58 pm

Carver manuals database downloaded, hacked, and FOR SALE....

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pm

Carver manuals database downloaded, hacked, and FOR SALE....

Well, it was only a matter of time !!!
Looks like Rich opened Pandora's box, and now the manuals are out, public and FOR SALE

I doubt there is anything he can do about it either... There are no copywrites on a defunct company.
No one to go after him really. No one on the forums have any real claim to any copywrites for the manuals either.
I saw this coming a year ago. #-o

RichP714 wrote:
Another website.,,,,,,carversound.com has downloaded and made available (for a fee) most of the manual content provided here.

They've also removed the 'If you paid for this you were robbed' front page and watermark on every pdf file.

I've contacted the webmaster

Mark Speener
1152 N 1400 W
#7B
Saint George, Utah 84770
(435) 214-0808
(mark@marksempire.com)

and asked him to cease and desist.

I explained that the material was donated by members who were prior techs, owners of equipment and sometimes both, and that their donations were under the condition that I take some measure to help prevent such resale.

His response is that public domain material cannot legally be 're-protected', suggesting that he'd "rather pay money than have to navigate your site' and rather glibbly suggested I try to shut him down.

I had no intention of threatening the activities of carversound (their site is linked from my main page) but now feel that I should pursue this in some fashion.

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:54 pm

This is OUR library to begin with, now listen to him cry....

The banned Asshole, RichP wrote:I explained that the material was donated by members who were prior techs, owners of equipment and sometimes both
Why doesn't he just tell the truth that he's a rat ball sucking scoundrel who lies at every chance he gets. We know EXACTLY where he got the manuals from.........they were stolen from this forum.

He acquired them by lying and now we all are paying the price. No pun intended.

That which is in bold is 100% true. Veteran members of this forum know all about it. We paid for it, drove miles for it, faxed and mailed for it. Somehow the bastard lied his way into getting it and now we all pay. Way to go Asshole.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:45 pm

Re: Carver manuals database downloaded, hacked, and FOR SALE

Hell, it looks to me, Rich TOLD him to go ahead and take them.. ](*,)

http://www.carversound.com/carver-amplifiers/

RichP714 says:
August 18, 2009 at 7:52 pm

we have an extensive collection of specsheets, catalogs, price lists, etc at thecarversite.com
you’re welcome to join and cull what you need.

Looks great sofar!
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Karma, she's a bitch.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:32 am

My question is this. Why the hell would I pay for a manual when I can get it for free? I just did a search for a TFM-45 owners manual. Carveraudio.com came up in the number 2 position and thecarversite.com came up number 4. Hell, take the wind out of the money grubbing asshole's sales, (pun intended) and put a keyword in the description. FREE! or FREE TO MEMBERS. When someone searches for a owners manual, and they see free to members, they will join the forum. carversound.com comes up in the number 7 position on the search anyway. I doubt he will make anything at all on these manuals, but there might be a dummy or two out there that will pay for them.
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:31 am

I think that's the point Doug, to marginalize this guy out of business. I hope he kept his day job. At least the manuals we get over here are ones we can do more with than print without hacking the PDF. The ones you get from over there are protected so that you can't cut an area out to paste and annotate elsewhere.

It appears what the owner of carversound did was take the manuals and hack the PDF to remove the watermark and warning pages, which does make his effort overt.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:55 pm

It's funny... the manuals saga continues [-(

He's doing what we all talked about a couple years ago. As I recall, I got crucified for it by everyone back then...
And now Rich is finally doing what WE should have done in the 1st place...
Making people register and post to get the manuals was ALWAYS a bad idea. I have had this argument since the beginning.
So now when I post them with NO WATERMARKS, and outside the forum, everyone can just suck it!
I might even make a $10 DVD of the entire manuals databse for eBay :-k
At least it wasn't me that put them out in the open for someone to take 1st. \:D/
Good going Rich =D> ](*,)

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:03 pm

the ones you get from over there are protected so that you can't cut an area out to paste and annotate elsewhere.

well if ya got the right program you can copy anything....... :-" :-" :-"
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:39 pm

Too true. But I don't hack.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:34 pm

We are going to have some fun now....

http://www.CarverManuals.com \:D/

Registrant: James Sauter

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:26 pm

This will be NICE too... It's being hosted LOCALLY. All I have to do is drop in with a flash drive, and dump them all onto the server.
No uploading GiGs of into, and waiting for file transfers. Quick and easy :D

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:54 pm

I get error when trying to click on link.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:58 pm

Technical error here too James. If this plays out like we hope, all the hard work ahead to get back what we had will be a breeze and we can keep adding to it. =D> [-o<
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:34 pm

It takes a day to so for the DNS to catch up.. Just registered it a little while ago

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:37 pm

10-4.

Next

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum