FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:26 pm

Carver manuals database downloaded, hacked, and FOR SALE....

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:25 am

Re: Carver manuals database downloaded, hacked, and FOR SALE

Toy Maker wrote:We are going to have some fun now....

http://www.CarverManuals.com \:D/

Registrant: James Sauter

Link doesn't work, James.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:53 am

Patience Oh eager one....

http://webhosting.devshed.com/c/a/Web-H ... e-so-long/
What is DNS propagation and why does it take so long?

You’ve registered your domain name, and paid for hosting with a hosting provider, and uploaded your website to the web server. If this is all done, why can’t you see the results of your hard work right away? What is this DNS propagation people keep telling you about?

In order to understand DNS propagation, you must first understand a little about how DNS works. When you set up your website with your hosting provider, they create a Master DNS record in their Domain Name Servers. Your domain registrar (the company you paid for the honor of owning your domain name) points to your web host’s DNS server as being the master authority of your domain.

When any outside source wants to know how to find your website, they first go to the registration database to find out who the DNS authority is for your website. Then they visit your hosting provider’s DNS servers to find out what the IP Address is for your domain name, and from there your audience can now view your website.

The problem with this whole scheme is that in order to speed up the rate at which their customers can view the internet, each Internet Server Provider caches their DNS records. This means that they make their own copy of the master records, and read from them locally instead of looking them up on the Internet each time someone wants view a website. This actually speeds up web surfing quite a bit, by (1) speeding up the return time it takes for a web browser to request a domain lookup and get an answer, and (2) actually reducing the amount of traffic on the web therefore giving it the ability to work faster.

The downside to this caching scenario and what makes it take so long for your website to be visible to everyone, is that each company or ISP that caches DNS records only updates them every few days. This is not any kind of standard, and they can set this time anywhere from a few hours to several days. The slow updating of the servers cache is called propagation, since your websites DNS information is now being propagated across all DNS servers on the web. When this is finally complete, everyone can now visit your new website. Being that the cache time is different for all servers, as mentioned above, it can take anywhere from 36 to 72 hours for DNS changes to be totally in effect.

ARE YOU MASTER OF YOUR DOMAIN ????

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:44 am

RichP wrote:Update:
Got an email reply today from the guy; I smell the invisible hand of Sautter.
He claims he didn't defeat password protection ( which would be defensible under DMCA anticircumvention ) but was donated the manuals in unprotected form by another source who says he "provided a number of the manuals to you before you passworded them".
He also accused me of being as self-appinted "lord high gatekeeper of the manuals" and of exploiting them for promotion of this site.
For anyone who wasn't here for the beginning days, the watermark and password protect, membership requirement was hashed out between myself and the donor of a large portion of the material; that seeming a reasonable way of both discouraging their re-sale and making them freely available to all (and for the first time, for some of these scans).
Regardless, the Carver Manuals serach phrase has ALWAYS been in the low 30's as far as rank order is concerned, and they alone aren't responsible for this site now being the most visited Carver audio related forum on the net; it's the members!
He seems satisfied now that I've made them available without membership requirement, so it seems that Sautter got what he wanted (and I was working towards anyway, I just needed to finish adding hyperlinks to the page)
well, it would have to click his site through the Adwords Link (the 'sponsored' result in the search results list with a search term of 'Carver Manuals')
but I don't think he stole anything, I believe him when he says he was given them unprotected by 'a guy who gave me most of mine'
The guy who gave me most of mine wasn't Sautter, but Sautter is pissed about it, and mentioned earlier this year that he was going to make them freely available.
Little did he know that the discs I got were single page scans, unorganized, etc. It took HUNDREDS of hours for me to compile them into pdf files (e.g. a 20 page manual was originally 20 separate jpg files)
So, it looks like Sautter let someone else do the work for him.
This guy, in some respects, is just stuck in the middle.
No matter anyway,

Well done, =D> place the blame on another, to try to deflect some of the fall out of your own stupidity.

Then again....
It seems you may have also discovered my Master Plan...

Nov. 2008:
I must conceive a plan so evil, so maniacal; no one will ever suspect it was I (the Puppet Master) that put this diabolical plan into motion. I will mold each unwilling participant into the perfect drone to do my bidding, like a puppet dangling from my strings; that I alone will control. My plan must remain a closely guarded secret if it is to have any chance of succeeding. Each member of my plan will unknowingly play their own role in what will become my most complicated and devious stratagem.
First I must create a divide between the commoners. There is no greater strategy, than to divide and conquer. To divide a group such as this, I must inject myself in the middle of an existing conflict, as to be seen as one that is trying to defuse a situation, at which point the conflict must escalate to a higher level for the next step of my plan to begin.
Once the conflict seems to have escalated out of control, I will take the ultimate step in dividing them. Single handedly, I will bring down their entire world. Once they see my true powers, they will have no other options than, to either remain loyal, and await my return, or to divide from the whole, and begin a new pagan sect of their own. Once those who have decided to convert to this newly formed pagan sect, the wheels I have set in motion will be unstoppable.
Once this divide is complete, the true work of my masterpiece will begin. They will unknowingly begin the tedious are arduous work, that I have chosen for them to do. My bidding will now begin.
During the next step, I must remain a spectator, as they will resume the chores that I have unknowingly placed upon them. Some time will pass, as the fruits of their labors will begin to unveil themselves, and fall right into my hands. From this point, it will become a waiting game, as I will bide my time and enjoy watching them do the arduous work for me. All the while, not a single one of will have any concept of what it is I had planned for them.
Of course there must be some saveguard, to protect myself from any possible suspicions that it could have been I, that was the architect of this master plan. I will employ yet another unsuspecting poor soul, which will be my gullible victim, if there should be any possible repercussions from this scheme. I will place all doubt upon him, should there be any question as to my role in this. In the end, there will be no doubt in any of their minds, that I had absolutely no role in any of this whatsoever.
And only then, can the next phase of my grand plan begin…
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

AlexSauter

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:51 am

"So Brain, What are we going to do today??"
Last edited by AlexSauter on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
RIP BillD
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s (Pushed into the corners to make room for the ALS speakers)
Modified CarverFest 2011 20w tube amplifier
Carver Pro PT-1800
Sunfire Prototype TGA-2375
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone
<<

TNRabbit

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:51 am

Funny~

I don't really give a shit if the manuals are sold, given away, held ransom or what. It's nice to have access to them. As Carver is no more, It's ESPECIALLY important to have them to keep our favorite gear working.

Have at it, James.
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

<<

AlexSauter

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:02 pm

ALL THAT WORK FOR NOTHING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THEM FOR MONTHS MYSELF #-o

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by AlexSauter on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP BillD
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s (Pushed into the corners to make room for the ALS speakers)
Modified CarverFest 2011 20w tube amplifier
Carver Pro PT-1800
Sunfire Prototype TGA-2375
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Devil Spawn wrote:"So Brain, What are we going to do today??"

The same thing we do every day Pinky,
TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD !!!

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:44 pm

RichP wrote:Little did he know that the discs I got were single page scans, unorganized, etc.
Hmmm.........sounds just a little bit too familiar, huh James..... :rolleyes:
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Yeah, it does.
I wound up with 3-4-5-6 copies of things, from 5-6 different CDs/DVDs. My master folder is about 6-7 GiGs is files.
I went through all of them and copied the best of each unit to a new folder.
Then started working from there.

I didn't give the guy anything, but it's possible some of the disks I got from people made their way over to him as well :-k
Who knows. Either way... glad to see SOMEONE has them up without watermarks, for sale or not. I always though that was really stupid.

Go ahead and blame ME though, It's ok, I'm used to it now anyway. :lol: dumbass :rolleyes:

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

TNRabbit

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:31 am

James, the link to carvermanuals works, but there's nothing there.

http://www.carvermanuals.com/

?
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

Previous

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum