FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:52 am

M1.0t

<<

Rocksalot

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:09 am

M1.0t

Hello audiophiles,

I have recently acquired a used M1.0t amplifier and I do not believe it is working correctly. The unit did not come with an owners manual, and I have a couple questions about speaker wiring, and what may be electonically wrong with the unit.

First, I hooked up the amp to a Carver CM-1090 Integrated Amp using Monster MK III 0.5m RCA cables. The speakers are 4 ohm Bose 6.2s. I did not fully understand the speaker wiring diagram shown on back panel of amp, but I wired each speaker by matching the polarity of the amp to the speaker (red/red, black/black). According to the diagram it looked as if the neg. post of one speaker should be connected to positive post of the other and then sent to ground. This I admit I did not do. Also I do not understand the terms- inverting and non-inverting in reference to the speaker connections. Can someone help to explain those terms?

Next, time to fire up amp and pre-amp. Let me say that the CM-1090 works perfectly on its own. I began to play a music CD, and with very little volume increase the right headspace exhausted LED began to flicker. The left appeared fine, the first 3 LEDS lighting. The sound coming from the right speaker was distorted, and somewhat crackally. Can someone give me insight into what may be happening. Are the amp and speakers connected correctly. Is the fact that I am missing the ground wire between the two speakers reason for the distortion or is there an internal problem also?

Where would be the best place to get repair work done on amp? I live in SE Michigan?

Thank you in advance.
<<

Rocksalot

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:15 pm

Update--

Just got off the phone with Carver Service. Sounds like the unit will have to be sent in for repairs.

From the discusion I had, for stereo, the speakers are to be connected to the amp with like polarities, and no wire is needed to be run to ground between the two speakers. Guess I'd better look at wiring diagrams again.

The Carver Service Center is located at --

Sunfire Corp.
1920 Bickford Ave.
Snohomish, WA 98290

I'd call first to get a return authorization.
425-335-4748

Rocksalot

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum