It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:28 am

MV-5 CD changer.

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:44 am

Re: MV-5 CD changer.

Ditto to what Kingman said^^^

Dude, you're missing out. You'll be hard pressed to find a more generous & knowledgeable group of audio nuts anywhere, I we are trying to HELP you. There are MANY here who's abilities with a soldering iron, schematic & test equipment are par excellence', BillD among the most talented.

So the advice you been given is not about being able to afford; we are some cheap-ass bastards here, always looking for a deal. Kingman probably has more Carver pieces than ANYONE & if he tells you that CDP isn't working your time, I ASSURE you it's from experience.

If you continue to be a jackass, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. If you decide to stop whining & stick around, I think you'll find a world of unselfish information.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Before I posted, I looked for a service manual, and found none, except for the caveats I posted earlier. That tells me that people don't fix these things. I'm cheap enough (a Scot) to fix anything that's fixable, but without schematics, it ain't gonna happen. Indeed, most of us are keeping 20-30 year old equipment alive. And we were all frugal when we bought Carver, because it was the least expensive high-quality stuff around. I think your indignation is misplaced.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:45 am

audiotechie wrote: My guess is it is a bad audio chip that I can quickly solder into place and be back in business.

You guess? Too funny.

audiotechie wrote: My guess is that those of you who say it is not worth repairing, have no idea how to use a soldering iron or to even locate a failed chip on a schematic diagram. Seems you all have more money than ability for other than to make wise ass comments!
I imagine Bob Carver would appreciate someone who could actually repair his equipment rather than some wise-ass cocksucker who slams anyone who asks for tech info on a product. I wish I was cool like a Carver amp owner! Thanks for showing me that people with Carver products are so cool!

Go fuck yourself!
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
Previous

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum