need VU meter bulb spec or resource for M500t

If you have Carver repair questions, or can help other users with repairs, this is the place for it
LesConnally

need VU meter bulb spec or resource for M500t

Post by LesConnally » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:14 pm

VU meter bulb spec for M500t
(is it M-500t or M-500t)

A buddy needs the VU meter replacement bulb spec for his M500t.

Or source. or both.

Thanks - its appreciated!

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

M500T Lamps

Post by hewlew1 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:59 pm

Les,
There is no Carver part# for the lamps, Only a supplier part# which is BF352-53001A and B since there are two lamps. They are 8volt lamps rated at .25 amps. Let me ask you did you try to get these from carver? I spent hour upon hour on the web trying to find these bulbs with no luck. Finally, I found a guy who had an 8 volt .175 amp bulb which has a little less intensity and bought all he had. I changed both bulbs and really didn't see much difference. hope this helps

LesConnally

Post by LesConnally » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:27 pm

Sorry to have let this linger. Rita at Carver took are of me completely. They werent exactly cheap @ $5, he balked, and I ended up just buying them for his birthday because no, noone else does have them. I also made my buddy sign off on the new bluish tint of them, and it turns out, he was really happy they had the blue tint.

But basically, Carver *could not have been nicer* and took care of the problem perfectly. I was surprised parts were still factory available.

And BTW, I also needed a box for a Sunfire amp, to ship it, and THEY also *could not have been nicer*!!

What a stupendous Customer Service department!

lkapphahn

Meter Bulbs

Post by lkapphahn » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:06 pm

I also need meter bulbs for my TFM-55x and TFM-15cb. Where exactly did you get these replacement bulbs? I have had no luck finding them on line. The bulbs inside the TFM-15cb are about half the size of the ones inside the TFM-55x. Thanks foa any info on sourcing these bulbs.

epilespaul

VU Meter Bulbs

Post by epilespaul » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:06 pm

These Bulbs are commonly known as "A Grain Of Wheat" And can be purcheased from MAT Electronics or MCM

Return to “CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum”