It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:12 pm

Vintage HIFI Shop of Pgh is now doing Carver/Sunfire repairs

<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:56 pm

Vintage HIFI Shop of Pgh is now doing Carver/Sunfire repairs

Hello all,

Some of you already know that beemers417, Tom, at Vintage HIFI Shop of Pittsburgh has been doing repairs on the side but now he has a full time tech and are doing Sunfire, Sunfire True Sub and Carver Amp repair.

Some of you also know that he is doing mods/upgrades to Carver gear. I know he has been tweaking his C-19 for years and there was a post not too long ago about his mods to the C-19. He also has upgrades for the C-1 and C-9.

So now we have an East Coast option to repairing our equipment. Check out his site and keep him in mind when you need equipment repair.

http://www.vintagehifipgh.com/index.php ... jpta48ndi3

BTW, I have already had him fix my Sunfire 600 and two of my Sunfire True Subs and now they are working great.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Re: Vintage HIFI Shop of Pgh is now doing Carver/Sunfire rep

*5* That is just excellent news *5*

I have PMed in the past and got excellent advice also.
The place is a class act. =D>
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:38 pm

Did you guys get the AL-III's hooked up ?? How do they sound? Do they need any work ??
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Way to go!

I'll have to update the Carver repair thread where all known shops are listed. I noticed that you only have a few models listed for repair. Is this all that you offer at this time or [for example] do they repair M-500t's as well?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:56 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Did you guys get the AL-III's hooked up ?? How do they sound? Do they need any work ??

James,the AL-III's are up and running. Ribbons are good. I just need to do some body work on the panels. I also need a top cap. =D> =D>
Attachments
Bob305ca.jpg
Bob305ca.jpg (32.52 KiB) Viewed 660 times
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:00 pm

Re: Way to go!

treitz3 wrote:I'll have to update the Carver repair thread where all known shops are listed. I noticed that you only have a few models listed for repair. Is this all that you offer at this time or [for example] do they repair M-500t's as well?

We can do them all. The parts acquisition process is slowing me down on listing everything. I am close to adding M-500's and 400's on the site. Sunfire 5x200's will be cracked by next week. Learning the circuits can be a bitch.
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:17 pm

Congratulations Tom!!!!! =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:34 pm

10-4

That's quite understandable. When I update the thread, would you like me to just say "Call for specific model repairs that aren't listed"?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum