FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:08 am

Carver 6250

<<

daveh56

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Carver 6250

Hello

I have a 6250 I have a couple of issues 1) The volume control does not work with the remote only manually. Looking inside the unit there is no motor to operate the Volume Control so my question is the remote supposed to "control" the volume or not. 2) If someone could supply me with a service manual I would really appreciate it. The 6250 does not appear to be one of those manuals that are listed on the Sunfire or Carver websites.

Thanks much,

Dave
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Re: Carver 6250

=D> \:D/ =D> Welcome!! \:D/ =D> \:D/ I'm sure someone here will have all the answers you're looking for. My guess would be that if the remote is original (came with that unit) and it has volume controls then they should work. Sometimes the remotes will get gummed up inside so if you carefully take them apart and clean them up and make sure the little rubber tabs are aligned correctly it will fix the problem, good luck!
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

daveh56

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Carver 6250

daveh56 wrote:Hello

I have a 6250 I have a couple of issues 1) The volume control does not work with the remote only manually. Looking inside the unit there is no motor to operate the Volume Control so my question is the remote supposed to "control" the volume or not. 2) If someone could supply me with a service manual I would really appreciate it. The 6250 does not appear to be one of those manuals that are listed on the Sunfire or Carver websites.

Thanks much,

Dave

p.s I checked the remote with my digital camera and it is outputting signals from the led. Another thing I just noticed is I barely turn the volume control knob and the audio is blasting, If I hit the "mute" button the volume control better behaves. Its almost like the remote volume is turned all the way up and turning the knob down overrides the remote setting. Oh by the way digital cameras found in androids and such will pick up infared signals from remote controls --- quick and dirty way to check remotes.

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum