FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:54 am

Repair shops...!

<<

nadude98

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:02 pm

Repair shops...!

I would just like to tell everyone about the Carver Audio Repair site..!

After experience with both Rita's and Rolland's shops I have to highly recommend Rolland!!! I paid $500 for a signed unit and a resistor and capacitor replacement from RIta's....... plus the unit still did not sound right to me.

Rolland did a complete revamping of the unit and upgraded the signal path caps for less and I definitely got back a better unit than I sent in ....

Rolland now has two more of my pieces of equipment and I am looking forward to getting them back and beholding beautiful music.....! \:D/

James Joslin
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:23 pm

Re: Repair shops...!

Congrats James!!! =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Congrats
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:34 pm

yes, rolland does do fantastic work, as i will confess first hand. not only did rolland repair my tfm55, he also refinished the cover which was scratched up as a bonus that was unexpected. top notch work. that amp had a laundry list of things replaced. he also touched up the work done by another so called authorized carver repair center when the unit was new(stereo advantage in new york, now gone i think). now that is not to say that tom at vintage hifi will not do a fantastic job as well, as he fixed a tfm 35 for me as well with the same kind of attension to detail as rolland under the cover. i don't have an opinion and can't say much for bob's repair as i have only had an amp sent in with a loose ribbon cable and meter adjustment that was just the bench fee for checking it out. i do have a refeshed 300x2 that bill (at rita's vintage repair, now bob's repair) did and it works as it should, flawlessly. i will say when i sent in my tfm55, the qoutes i got from both rita and rolland were simular, rolland was 25% more at the time(now i think it is the same), it is just that rolland gave me a more confident feeling about the repair process. it is just like you said though, rolland did the whole amp over were rita's at the time was only going to replace out of spec parts. i will say though that rolland did not replace every cap in the amp, just the bigger ones and the small ones in the signal path. later on when i was talking with rolland, he said most of the issue's that may arrise in a amplifier are taken care of with the recap and refurb process first. on that end, i had a tfm15 that crapped out which i was going to donate to rolland but decided to recap first and lo and behold, it was working once again like rolland said......
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum