FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:25 pm

Bill From Bob Carver's Audio Service Back in Action

<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Bill From Bob Carver's Audio Service Back in Action

As of the 7th of January 2013 Bill will be doing repair work for out of warranty Sunfire equipment. When Bob Carver closed the doors of his repair shop he allowed Bill to take all the test equipment and spare parts to continue doing repairs on his own. Bill has worked for Bob Carver for many years and as far as I know is the only repair tech out there with schematics and OEM replacement parts.

I believe his rates for amplifier, preamplifer and receiver repairs is going to be a flat rate of $300 and for plate amps the flat rate is going to be $200 plus shipping but you will want to verify this with him.

Bill has a day job Monday through Friday so he can't take calls before 3 pm Pacific Standard Time during the week. His cell # 425-232-9560 Please do not call until the 7th of this month and only after 3 pm during the work week, thanks.
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: Bill From Bob Carver's Audio Service Back in Action

Great info for any Sunfire owner, jj! Hope this post/info sticks around. Not much "selection" when it comes to finding someone to repair them....I've heard.
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:05 pm

Jessie

Thanks for the heads up, I will give him a call next week to look after the Sunfire TGP-5

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

miller1891

Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:44 pm

I highly recommend Bill. Thank you jjptkd for the info. Got dry holed on a True Sub MK II on eprey. Panicked until I found this thread. Got a hold of Bill, dropped it off on a Tuesday and picked it upon Friday. The price was beyond fair. This weekend I am in the cave listening to some old Sheffield Labs vinyl and the phone rings. Bill is calling and wants to be sure that I am pleased with his repair. I immediately jumped up and looked out the window expecting to see some AMC Pacers and maybe a Pinto or two driving by as I thought I had time warped back to the 70's. Customer service in the 21st century? Who knew.

[-o< [-o< [-o<
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:15 pm

miller1891 wrote:I immediately jumped up and looked out the window expecting to see some AMC Pacers and maybe a Pinto or two driving by [-o< [-o< [-o<

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's too funny! Yes, Bill is an all around great guy and excellent repair tech. =D> =D> =D>
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum