FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:18 am

No sound on main 1 or main 2 - Preamplifier C1

<<

Mitchell

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:52 am

No sound on main 1 or main 2 - Preamplifier C1

Hi, please... can anybody help me with my C1 Preamplifier... (connected to a M 200t carver amplifier)... No output through main1 or main2.. I have to use the phone output to drive my amplifier... Any idea for fix... I bought my audio system on 1986 at Rome-Italy... Now I'm living in Paraguay (southamerica)... no qualified technician overhere.. :(..
Thanks
Sincerely
Mitchell.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:59 am

Re: No sound on main 1 or main 2 - Preamplifier C1

You could try different interconnects or look to see if the tape in or external processor buttons are depressed on the front of the C-1. Other than that I would suggest servicing it.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Mitchell

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:53 pm

I know exactly how to connect and which button must to be depressed... My system is under my hand since 1986.. :) but maybe there is an IC, or transistor to be change... As the electric diagram there are three ways to output the signal: main1, main2 and the phone.. so, if just the phone ouput is working.. the other are burned.. I think...
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:58 pm

In taking a quick look at the schematic, it looks to me like if the headphone out is working, then little stands in the way of the main outs being there. Looks like there is a relay mute circuit and normal build out resistors.

If you had a bad cable or did something outboard that pulled high current you could maybe have just a simple resistor opened. But more likely would be a relay failure. If that's what it is, you might be able to lightly whack the relay and hear burps of audio come through it. Technical troubleshooting taps on it only. That's only for properly licensed tech's to do of course! :)

Mark

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum