FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:00 pm

m 1.0t dead quiet -grrrrr

<<

briandarflinger

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:05 pm

m 1.0t dead quiet -grrrrr

Hello everyone! I'm back! OK, So I bought a dead m1.0t on flea-bay, and figured I could fix it by replacing all the caps. I've replaced all capacitors on my other m1.0t's and have had great success. But not this one. When I got it, you could just barely hear the audio out of the speakers. Now that I replaced all the caps,(big and small) the problem remains. Again,, it sounds like there is no amplification through the amp, and the audio is barely coming through.. Where should I look next? Any quick voltage checks I could do?? Any help would be appreciated!! BTW, when its turned on, the lights work, and the bias voltages are all close. Thanks in advance.
Brian
Last edited by briandarflinger on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:17 pm

Re: m 1.0t dead quiet -grrrrr

Call Tom and Vintage Hi-Fi in Pittsburg and ask. He just re-did my M1.0t and its working good.
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

briandarflinger

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:42 pm

Thanks, but I like the satisfaction of fixing things myself.
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:05 pm

briandarflinger wrote:Thanks, but I like the satisfaction of fixing things myself.

Lol I didn't say send it to him. Call him and see if he has any ideas what it could be lol.
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

briandarflinger

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:09 pm

Opps,, my bad.. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction.

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum