Had this re-furbed TFM-42 amp for several years and its always worked great BUT for the last year or two the LHS channel cuts out at least once per session. A mild "whack" on the side of the amp restores the signal but this is of course a huge annoyance. I've replaced the RCA interconnects several times so I know that's not the problem. Took the top off the amp a couple of times and poked around hoping to locate the source of this issue and make it manifest, but no luck. Is there a history of this issue with this amp and/or a process to use to try and determine the cause of this problem (cold solder joint, bad relay, bad RCA plug, or whatever)? Help! Thanks, Ed
add: been a while since I've posted here (also tried TheCarversite, but when I submitted my post I got a "serious" error message and lost my post and login session...), but as stated before, I'm more of a MUSIC guy than a music SYSTEM guy, so when my system(s) are working well, I'm happy just to enjoy the music...and that's been the case for the last several years!
LR: AudioEngine wireless link from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 6.5" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-634x 3-4 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: 300 disk changer to Entech 202.5 DAC to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.