FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:12 pm

CARVER DTL-200

<<

missoni

Post Sat May 22, 2004 1:29 pm

CARVER DTL-200

I have an CARVER DTL-200, and is not ejectind the cd. Can someone help?
Thank You
<<

daviton

Post Mon May 24, 2004 9:56 pm

Re: CARVER DTL-200

missoni wrote:I have an CARVER DTL-200, and is not ejectind the cd. Can someone help?
Thank You
if i were to guess at ur problem,i would say it's the rubber band(that's pretty much what it is)that eject's/closes the cd tray. simply remove the four screw's on both sides of the cover of the player,look to the left of the player(unit facing u)peer down to the right side of the cd tray and see if the band is visible and attached to the pulley motor and the plastic(white)gear wheel.if u see it attached to these two items,ur problem may be else where(burnt out drive motor etc...)if it isn't and u can't see it,take the wheel off(cd tray closed) by removing the phillips head screw and lift the gear drive off it's post(IMPORTANT>make sure u mark this wheel some how so it can be put back on the same way it was taken off).now find the band(it's in there somewhere)and match it up w/another band the exact same size or close to the original! attach the new band to the small wheel on the drive motor and the gear drive(making sure it's in the V slot; ie>band guide on both of these).now this is the tricky part of putting that gear drive back on it's post,it has to go back on the same way it was taken off bec/it actuates a relay switch down at the bottom of the gear wheel.basicaly what this switch does is tell the unit where the tray is positioned(open or closed).there's really no easy way to explain this part,but u'll have to play around w/it(it's what I had to do) to get it to work. i hope this helps .....good luck! david
<<

missoni

Post Tue May 25, 2004 2:07 am

Thank you

I realy appreciate your help. Gtreat Site Great People
<<

daviton

Post Tue May 25, 2004 7:29 am

Re: Thank you

missoni wrote:I realy appreciate your help. Gtreat Site Great People
ur welcome.....let us know how it turn's out ok,david ps;i've had this cd player since 1989 and it is still going strong!

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum