FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:16 am

Does Carver still have parts for a TFM-45?

<<

fordfanjbl

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:55 pm

Does Carver still have parts for a TFM-45?

I called carver to get my two TFM-45s fixed and I asked them if they still
have parts for it, but she didn't know. I don't want to waste time and money sending them to washington for them to say "sorry we're out".
please help me.
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:10 pm

I`d call them back and ask what happens if they don`t have the parts. I do know they don`t sell any parts anymore.
<<

Charles Alexander

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:06 pm

TFM-45 parts

Most of these parts are generic in nature and can be obtained through suppliers to repair shops. In case the part is Carver specific try Everett Audio Repair Service for parts(425-339-8404) if they are still there. If you have no luck I can repair them for you at my business, Sound Idea, Inc. in Arlington, Tx.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:57 pm

Carver told me they don't have any parts for older Carver products. This includes amps, speakers..anything. They actually have the worst customer service I've ever encountered.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

sceri

Post Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:21 am

F1nut wrote:Carver told me they don't have any parts for older Carver products. This includes amps, speakers..anything. They actually have the worst customer service I've ever encountered.

Oh yea, try going to a BMW dealer after you have bought your car. They have the worst customer service. Once they sell they don't give a shit.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:25 am

LOL.......yeah and I can think of a few others, but I meant in audio.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

govcon

Post Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:10 am

Sunfire/Carver repaired my TFM25 recently

Had a problem with one of my TFM25s where it was emitting some high frequency distortion out of the right channel. I brought the amp to my local Sunfire dealer and they sent it off to Sunfire for repair. I also called Sunfire before submitting the amp for repair. The person who is handling Carver repairs is Rita. She didn't say anything about not being able to obtain parts. My dealings with Sunfire so far has been pretty good. They were back logged though from the Christmas holiday break last year. Took them about 2 months to get it back to me. The quote to me was a flat rate of $225. If you have access to a Sunfire dealer, I would suggest you go through them. I was able to save on shipping because I went through the dealer. So far the amp has been running flawlessly.

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum