FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:48 pm

All known Carver repair shops list is right here....

<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: All known Carver repair shops list is right here....

I heard that all of Sunfire except for some admin moved to where Elan is. No repair there. Rita is no longer with the firm, I heard. I wonder where she went and if she will try to open a Sunfire repair shop?
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:48 pm

Last I heard Sunfire was in Snohomish Washington , ........looks like your right Bill....it seams there in Kentucky now with a link for Carver repairs in Oregon...wow.....
<<

mxp3000

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:43 pm

Hello Carverites, First off I want to give a big congratulations to Bob and Rita on the new Venture. I worked for Bob Carver for about 5 years at Sunfire Corp as a lead line technician for all Sunfire processors. My dad also worked as the parts purchasing manager for Bob for 9 years, and let me tell you those were some great times at Sunfire. I have the utmost respect for Bob Carver for his product designs and Rita as a great technician on Carver and Sunfire products. Not only are these two individuals technically outstanding, but great people as well. What a great team!! As a long time technician I have been working on Carver / Sunfire products for over 15 years and I have to say yes parts are very hard to come by. I was still employed at Sunfire when Rolland at Hi-Tech audio picked up some of the Carver parts stock. I will throw in that 10 years before that I acquired a large stock of OEM Carver parts direct from the parts reps that stocked the Carver parts shelves back in the day. This would include output devices, IC's, front panel assemblies, mag coils and transformers ect... After Sunfire a life long friend of mine and myself started a pro audio company here in Seattle. We are design / build company for new sound, video, and lighting systems for churches, clubs, medical centers, and board rooms. Along with this we also have a full electronic and speaker service department. I have clients that ship in Carver product from all over the country. I have never advertised my company as an authorized Carver service center or have asked Bob to "endorse" our company for Carver Audio repair. I don't need to. We have long standing relationships with all of our clients including both pro audio and serious hi-fi audio guru's. I work on Carver because I respect and believe in the product, I will do anything in my power to fix a customers unit like it's my own. I have even gone as far as modifying a Carver unit to work with a newer off the shelf part without sacrificing Bobs sonic qualities of the product which he originally intended. Owning several Carver products of my own both Pro and Hi-Fi I use the stuff and like I love all of it. Having Bob and Rita back in the loop again is great. I want to extend my resources to both Bob and Rita if they need anything regarding Carver or Sunfire parts, service manuals, whatever. I look at all of the individuals on this forum and I see a family. A family of people who love audio and talking shop. I will still work and support Carver as long as I can. I throw this out because it gives different options out there in this small community of audio. We are all in this together, and with out multiple service facilities and options I would hate to see the Carver product dwindle away just because lack of knowledge or parts. Again congrats to Bob and Rita for there new venture and I am always excited to work in the Carver / Sunfire community. I do not want this to come off as an advertisement or ad, but another resource for both users and Bob and Rita. Any help in this business is always a plus, because it is such a small community.

In the mean time I want everyone on the forum to keep the Carver and Hi-Fi community alive!!!

Best Regards
Zak Dewey
AVL Professional, LLC
3706 Airport Way South
Seattle, WA 98134
(206) 285-7767 - Office
(206) 464-6544 - Fax
(206) 954-3353 - Mobile
zak@avlprofessional.com
avlprofessional.com
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:10 am

That's a real stand-up gesture there, Zak. You're right, this is a family drawn together by a common interest and common aim; namely the enthusiasm and preservation of Bob Carver designed audio components. I'm sure I speak for many by offering a hearty welcome to this little community.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:13 pm

The first post us updated as of tonight. Thanks all! Now if only there was one in Charlotte...... :-"
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:18 pm

Two new shops were just added in the state of Illinois tonight!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

ViperZ

M-400t CUBE

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:55 pm

Can this be made a sticky??? Well deserved!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:37 pm

I'll leave that up to James and Dave. :-k

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:45 pm

I just found an old thread while searching for something and ran across another repair shop located in Arizona. Please refer to the first page, first post in this thread for contact information.

If any more worldwide are found, please add the known information to this thread and I will update this first post ASAP. Thank you ladies and gentlemen!

<<

Yellowneck

Post Thu May 07, 2009 3:45 pm

Don't know if this helps anyone but Sound Images in Falls Church, VA supposed can repair Carver products as they once were Carver authorized dealer/repair center way back when. I spoke with the people that work there and the tech that has been there for almost 30 years and they still have all of their carver repair manuals. I recently dropped off a M-400t to get serviced. They said about 3 weeks turn around time. I am in no hurry. I will let everyone know what cost was, what service was like, and how well the repair is(does the amp work or not). They did want an intial $100.00 deposit. I was anxious at first but since they are local to me I said why not and am gonna try em out. If they don't work out for me there is supposedly another repair shop called Washington Electronics also in Falls Church that can supposedly repair Carver Equipment.

Here is contact info for Sound Images:
Sound Images
6541 Arlington Blvd
Falls Church, VA 22042
703-534-3780

The tech's name is Bret, at least that's what I think his name is.

If I find out anything on Washington Electronics I will post that also.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu May 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Your post is appreciated.

Thanks Yellowneck. I'll hold off on adding this to the main list until I hear back from you as to whether or not they could follow through with the repair or not. We'll be here for a while, so we are not in any hurry.

<<

Yellowneck

Post Sat May 09, 2009 7:52 pm

They are a reputable shop and sell only the finest gear. Well now for the but. They wanted a $100.00 deposit. No big deal. Was told it would be around 3 weeks for them to take a look at it. I still do not have an issue as I am in no hurry to ge this amp fixed. I finally got a call back and they want an additional 300-400 to fix the amp. Supposedly there is something wrong with one of the channels. Needless to say for that kind of money probably less I can buy an amp that is in good working condition. I will be picking up to amp from them and will decide if I want to send it out to have it fixed, sell it as is, or use it as a target for the next time I go to the range.
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Sat May 09, 2009 8:13 pm

I think Rita is the best bet.
I prefer Bose speakers at the range. Big screen televisions are fun also.
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:19 am

treitz3 wrote:Mainland American Locations

Washington State
Mr. Bob Carver's, Mrs. Rita Helms and company's.........NEW Carver repair shop!
A flat fee of $175 dollars + shipping covers it all. Our minimum inspection fee is $35 dollars. All vintage tube amps serviced as well, call for details. Please call or contact.......
Rita Helm, Old Sunfire building
1920 Bickford Ave
Snohomish WA 98290
425-530-9557. Ask for Harry Abbott.

Washington
Zak Dewey
AVL Professional, LLC
3706 Airport Way South
Seattle, WA 98134
206-285-7767 - Office
206-464-6544 - Fax
206-954-3353 - Mobile
zak@avlprofessional.com or avlprofessional.com

Oregon
CarverAudioRepair Center
Hi-Tech Audio Ltd.
2125 SW 19th St.
Gresham Oregon 97080
503-618-7605 Fax 503-674-8593
http://www.carveraudiorepair.com

New York
http://www.stereorepair.net/highend.htm
12 Technology Drive, Ste.13
East Setauket, NY 11733
mailto:stereorepair@optonline.net
631-751-1803
I wanted to update this one in Setauket. I emailed them just 2 days ago, Sept, 01 2002 and here is their response "Ed Rizzo wrote:
Just curious if you restore/refurbish Carver M-400a Cube Power Amps
Estimated cost if you do. I have one M-400a and also a M-400
Thank you
Ed Rizzo
Homer, NY
Sorry, we do not repair these items.
Best Regards, Customer Service
Stereo Repair-In House Service Company
Setauket, NY 11733
631-751-1803
Tuesday-Friday 9-5
Saturday 10AM-2PM
www.stereorepair.net"
If you want to delete this information thats fine, I don't know if this involves any other Carver/Sunfire/Phase Linear Equipment. Maybe someboby may want to follow through. I was hoping on finding someone locally or a little closer to send my M-400a to for a rebuild.

New York
http://www.sound-smith.com/repair.htm
The Soundsmith Corp.
8 John Walsh Blvd., Suite 417
Peekskill, NY 10566
800-942-8009 Fax 914-739-5204.

Illinois
Deltronics - Two locations.... Email us at:info@deltronicschicago.com
Deltronics 2911 N. Halsted Chicago IL 60657
773-549-6635
Fax 773-549-6230
and
Deltronics 2003 W. 75th St., Woodridge IL 60517
630-910-6630

Ohio
http://www.carveraudio.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3326
Ben Urguru
Definition Audio Service
295 Bishop Road
Highland Hts., Ohio 44143
216-322-0443

Texas
http://www.pyramid-audio.com/brands.html
305 East Braker Ln.
Austin, TX 78753-2746
512-458-8292
tech@Pyramid-Audio.com

Arizona
Andrew Telford @ Roy's Guitar's
(928)782-2950 shop
(928)257-7647 mobile
atelford@kyma.com
197 Main St. Suite A
Yuma, AZ 85364
Information found on this thread.... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5163

Canadian Locations

Ontario, Canada
Rick Turcic
Ontario Audio/Video Service
2074 Steeles Avenue East, Unit 21
Brampton,Ont. Canada L6T 4Z9
905-791-2020 fax 905-791-2121 Tf 888-791-2899
rick@ontav.com

Ontario, Canada
Chris Bridge who is
anatech from http://www.canuckaudiomart.com

Vancouver, Canada
Columbus Radio
359 Lynn Ave
North Vancouver BC, V7J 2C4
604-985-8824

If any more worldwide are found, please add the known information to this thread and I will update this first post ASAP. Thank you ladies and gentlemen!
Currently In Use
Current Rack; Carver M-4.0t Power Amp, Carver C-4000t Pre Amp,Empire 598III Turntable, Denon DL-103R cart/stylus,Pioneer RT-909 Reel To Reel,Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck,DBX Pro Series 231 Dual Channel 31 band EQ,Pioneer PDR-555RW CD,DBX-3bx,Berwun Research 7000A TNE,DBX-224x DS TypeII NR, Klipsch Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:34 pm

Hello edriz, is the information below what you wanted me to update?

Concerning;
http://www.stereorepair.net/highend.htm
East Setauket, NY 11733
mailto:stereorepair@optonline.net
631-751-1803

I wanted to update this one in Setauket. I emailed them just 2 days ago, Sept, 01 2002 and here is their response "Ed Rizzo wrote:
Just curious if you restore/refurbish Carver M-400a Cube Power Amps
Estimated cost if you do. I have one M-400a and also a M-400
Thank you
Ed Rizzo
Homer, NY
Sorry, we do not repair these items.
Best Regards, Customer Service
Stereo Repair-In House Service Company
Setauket, NY 11733
631-751-1803
Tuesday-Friday 9-5
Saturday 10AM-2PM
www.stereorepair.net"
If you want to delete this information thats fine, I don't know if this involves any other Carver/Sunfire/Phase Linear Equipment. Maybe someboby may want to follow through. I was hoping on finding someone locally or a little closer to send my M-400a to for a rebuild.

PreviousNext

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum