FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:11 am

Bob Carver and Rita Helm have closed another shop.

<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:31 pm

Re: Bob Carver and Rita Helm have opened a new shop.

Okay, M-400a is on it's way, sent it this morning Co Doc
Currently In Use
Current Rack; Carver M-4.0t Power Amp, Carver C-4000t Pre Amp,Empire 598III Turntable, Denon DL-103R cart/stylus,Pioneer RT-909 Reel To Reel,Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck,DBX Pro Series 231 Dual Channel 31 band EQ,Pioneer PDR-555RW CD,DBX-3bx,Berwun Research 7000A TNE,DBX-224x DS TypeII NR, Klipsch Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"
<<

Colorado Doc

Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:32 am

edriz wrote:Okay, M-400a is on it's way, sent it this morning Co Doc

Excellent. Hey, don't forget to see if you can get Bob to sign your M400 if he's around. They're good folks at Rita's.
"Either he's dead or my watch has stopped."

Theatre: TGP-401, TGA-7401, (2) CRS-3, CRS-3C, (4) CRM-2BIP, TS-EQ12, TS-EQ10,
NON-SF/C: 98"Black Diamond, Mitsubishi HC7000, Oppo BDP-83SE

Stereo: C-1, (2) M-400
NON-SF/C: ADS L-1530, ADS C-2000, Technics SL-10, Nakamichi LX-5
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:39 am

Colorado Doc wrote:

Excellent. Hey, don't forget to see if you can get Bob to sign your M400 if he's around. They're good folks at Rita's.

I did ask in the notes and hopefully they will email me when it arrives, which should be today. Thats why I spent the extra $20 so it would get there in a few days and not a month. But I willbe sure to ask again. I'm hoping to have him sign all 3.

Hey who knows if it's actually him or if Rita has his signature down. After all these years, she can probably write his name better then he can :lol:
Currently In Use
Current Rack; Carver M-4.0t Power Amp, Carver C-4000t Pre Amp,Empire 598III Turntable, Denon DL-103R cart/stylus,Pioneer RT-909 Reel To Reel,Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck,DBX Pro Series 231 Dual Channel 31 band EQ,Pioneer PDR-555RW CD,DBX-3bx,Berwun Research 7000A TNE,DBX-224x DS TypeII NR, Klipsch Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"
<<

stereo_buff

TFM-55

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:53 pm

edriz wrote:
Colorado Doc wrote:

I did ask in the notes and hopefully they will email me when it arrives, which should be today. Thats why I spent the extra $20 so it would get there in a few days and not a month. But I willbe sure to ask again. I'm hoping to have him sign all 3.

Hey who knows if it's actually him or if Rita has his signature down. After all these years, she can probably write his name better then he can :lol:

It's really Bob's signature...
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:07 am

How you know it's Bob's signature? You ever SEE him sign anything? Ever. :lol: Hey, ya never know :-k
Currently In Use
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:25 am

edriz wrote:How you know it's Bob's signature? You ever SEE him sign anything? Ever. :lol: Hey, ya never know :-k

I have 8)
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:40 am

I have, too....
Got three of his signatures in person on my stuff~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

stereo_buff

TFM-55

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:41 am

edriz wrote:How you know it's Bob's signature? You ever SEE him sign anything? Ever. :lol: Hey, ya never know :-k

Yes.
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:45 am

Toy Maker wrote:

I have 8)

But whos to say Rita can't sign his name as good as him. Hell, my wife was office manager of a rental property for years. Her boss was rarely in the office. Who do ypoou think signed all his checks for him when he was away and the payroll checks for the guys on Fridays. Hell, he spent the winters in Florida for cryin out loud. She could sign his name better then he could.

I bet either Lisa or Rita does the same. They don't hold every piece of Carver equipment so Bob can personally sign it. There would be a shipping back up a mile long!!.

Hey, ya never know?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just pickin on you guys, lighten up. :lol: :lol:
Currently In Use
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:02 am

Colorado Doc wrote:

I did request to have Bob sign the M-400a and when that comes back, the C-1 will be next, I have the M-400 to go after that and I would like it if he could sign both of those as well. I know the C-1 being as slim as it is and there being many function switches maybe hard for him on the front but there is plenty of room on the top. Oh, nothing goes on top of the C-1 except a small light.

I do agree about The people at Rita's. I did speak with her on the phone last year one time. Lisa and I have been emailing back and forth quite a bit lately. She is an amazing, warm hearted woman and it has been my pleasure to correspond with her. I am so very happy that I did decide to,finally, send my Carver gear to have it refurbed. I know what I have is probably considered the Low End of the carver spectrum but to me, it's the best money can buy. It has given me more pleasure then I could ever describe since I bought it new in 1981 and now will continue to do so till my end. And now it will sound as it did back in 81.

I just wonder how many of you guys here suffer from the same disease I have? Oh, what disease is that you ask? It's OCCD. Obssesive Compulsive Carver Disorder. I was told I had it yesterday by a member of my other Forum. It's a disease when you just can't seem to stop talking and aquiring a certain brand of equipment. I didn't think I "suffer" from a disease, I just love my Carver amps!! Oh, and I was mentioning that I have been looking around at M-1.0's and 1.5's. I seen a nice M-500 also that I was considering. Now I ax ya, does that seem to you all as compulsive?? \:D/
Currently In Use
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:07 am

A slight correction; it's Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder...

:D
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Colorado Doc

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:05 pm

edriz wrote:
Colorado Doc wrote:

I did request to have Bob sign the M-400a and when that comes back, the C-1 will be next, I have the M-400 to go after that and I would like it if he could sign both of those as well. I know the C-1 being as slim as it is and there being many function switches maybe hard for him on the front but there is plenty of room on the top. Oh, nothing goes on top of the C-1 except a small light.

I do agree about The people at Rita's. I did speak with her on the phone last year one time. Lisa and I have been emailing back and forth quite a bit lately. She is an amazing, warm hearted woman and it has been my pleasure to correspond with her. I am so very happy that I did decide to,finally, send my Carver gear to have it refurbed. I know what I have is probably considered the Low End of the carver spectrum but to me, it's the best money can buy. It has given me more pleasure then I could ever describe since I bought it new in 1981 and now will continue to do so till my end. And now it will sound as it did back in 81.

I just wonder how many of you guys here suffer from the same disease I have? Oh, what disease is that you ask? It's OCCD. Obssesive Compulsive Carver Disorder. I was told I had it yesterday by a member of my other Forum. It's a disease when you just can't seem to stop talking and aquiring a certain brand of equipment. I didn't think I "suffer" from a disease, I just love my Carver amps!! Oh, and I was mentioning that I have been looking around at M-1.0's and 1.5's. I seen a nice M-500 also that I was considering. Now I ax ya, does that seem to you all as compulsive?? \:D/

Whatever the diagnosis is called, we got the symptoms. I don't mind it too much; sort of takes the edge off of my other OCD behaviors. Hey, I'm a doctor, this is my field. Believe me, you're all okay. I find most stereo nuts to be a notch slightly above paranoia.

Carver folks are well-grounded..
And yes, it's Bob signature and inscription.
"Either he's dead or my watch has stopped."

Theatre: TGP-401, TGA-7401, (2) CRS-3, CRS-3C, (4) CRM-2BIP, TS-EQ12, TS-EQ10,
NON-SF/C: 98"Black Diamond, Mitsubishi HC7000, Oppo BDP-83SE

Stereo: C-1, (2) M-400
NON-SF/C: ADS L-1530, ADS C-2000, Technics SL-10, Nakamichi LX-5
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:12 pm

My 600x2 is magnificent! It went from and abused, beaten down shell of it's former self to a stunning performer in all respects. Many thanks to Bill and Rita. My heartfelt thanks to Bob Carver for taking time from his very busy life to assist in making the Sunfire sing!

Thanks also to the Pittsburgh audio society and HiFI shop for their assistance as well!
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:59 am

At this point I'm a bit confused though. Is it Rita or Lisa? I had heard that Lisa took over?
Currently In Use
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:19 am

Lisa now owns the store but Rita still works there from what I have heard.
Some cool Carver stuff!
PreviousNext

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum