FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:36 pm

Bob Carver and Rita Helm have closed another shop.

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:49 pm

Re: Bob Carver and Rita Helm have opened a new shop.

edriz wrote:At this point I'm a bit confused though. Is it Rita or Lisa? I had heard that Lisa took over?

lisa is the person whom i spoke with. they were about to close up, but they increased the repair prices and are going for another round to see if they can keep the doors open. kinda sucks, as the repair of my tfm55 was gonna be around 175 plus shipping 6 months ago, but now the same job is 350 and shipping. i should have sent it in when the price was less.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:43 am

angelod307 wrote:
edriz wrote:At this point I'm a bit confused though. Is it Rita or Lisa? I had heard that Lisa took over?

lisa is the person whom i spoke with. they were about to close up, but they increased the repair prices and are going for another round to see if they can keep the doors open. kinda sucks, as the repair of my tfm55 was gonna be around 175 plus shipping 6 months ago, but now the same job is 350 and shipping. i should have sent it in when the price was less.

Oh no, that was a while ago. They are doing okay as far as I know. I just spoke with a girl on the phone last night night so she could get my billing info. She told me she was new with the company and it was her second day. Doesn't sound like a company thats gonna close to me!!.

Oh and she got my billing info for my 2nd Carver piece. My M-400a came home just this Monday and I send my C-1 out on the 12th, they got it, check this out, on the 16th, and got it done on the 16th!! Unfortunately, Bob wasn't in yet but he is due in today and hopefully he'll get to sign the C-1 for me. I don't know where except for on top and maybe he can squeeze his signature somewhere on the front. It would be okay with me if he put his signature over the logo. After all, it's still HIS name, aint it.

But after all the emails I have had back and forth with Lisa and speaking with her and Rita on the phone, I hardly think they are closing. Besides, I still have my M-400 to send, as soon as I get the call that the C-1 has shipped!! \:D/
Currently In Use
Current Rack; Carver M-4.0t Power Amp, Carver C-4000t Pre Amp,Empire 598III Turntable, Denon DL-103R cart/stylus,Pioneer RT-909 Reel To Reel,Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck,DBX Pro Series 231 Dual Channel 31 band EQ,Pioneer PDR-555RW CD,DBX-3bx,Berwun Research 7000A TNE,DBX-224x DS TypeII NR, Klipsch Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:07 am

Rita now runs things and Lisa is GONE!
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!Sunfire Signature TGA 7401, Pioneer SC-37 Surround Receiver, Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube Preamp with Phono Stage, Magnepan MG-20's(main) Polk Audio RM 7500's(surround) Polk Audio CSi-a6 (center) Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, Pioneer Elite PD-DJ9 SACD/CD Player, Sony BDPs-350 BLUray player, LG 42lg50 1080p HDTV, Klipsch Synergy SUB-10 powered subwoofer.[/size]
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:35 pm

nooshinjohn wrote:Rita now runs things and Lisa is GONE!

and where did you hear this from. last everybody heard, Lisa owned the business!!!
Currently In Use
Current Rack; Carver M-4.0t Power Amp, Carver C-4000t Pre Amp,Empire 598III Turntable, Denon DL-103R cart/stylus,Pioneer RT-909 Reel To Reel,Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck,DBX Pro Series 231 Dual Channel 31 band EQ,Pioneer PDR-555RW CD,DBX-3bx,Berwun Research 7000A TNE,DBX-224x DS TypeII NR, Klipsch Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:22 pm

I heard it yesterday from Rita herself... I called to ask Bill about my Sunfire burning out a bulb after only a month and she told me that Lisa was gone....
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!Sunfire Signature TGA 7401, Pioneer SC-37 Surround Receiver, Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube Preamp with Phono Stage, Magnepan MG-20's(main) Polk Audio RM 7500's(surround) Polk Audio CSi-a6 (center) Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, Pioneer Elite PD-DJ9 SACD/CD Player, Sony BDPs-350 BLUray player, LG 42lg50 1080p HDTV, Klipsch Synergy SUB-10 powered subwoofer.[/size]
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:56 am

I don't get it. Last I knew, Lisa bought the business from Rita. Now all this supposed to have just happened a couple months ago. It just wouldn't make sense that she would just walk away does it?

Anyway, I have 3 of the 3 pieces I needed restored and I'm in hopes of getting the 3rd, My M-400 sent out by the end of next week. I do have a second C-1 also that I was just going to stick in a box and store. I noticed that it seems to have some crosstalk going on. What I mean is, when the TV is on, my DVD is hooked to AUX1, and if the selector is set at Tuner, where nothing is hooked to, I can still hear the TV coming through the speakers.

This is telling me something isn't quite right. I may consider sending this second C-1 Pre Amp for a restore also. I don't know for sure yet. I may need a bit of recovery time. My bank account seems to be going down faster then I can get anything back in. If there is something going on inside this 2nd C-1, I hate to box it knowing somethings wrong. What if I get an opportunity to sell it. I couldn't in all fairness sell it with somethin wrong. On the other hand, I could never sell it for what I paid plus the price for restoration either. What to do?? :-s
Currently In Use
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Rita has closed up shop.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:13 pm

F1nut wrote:Rita has closed up shop.

A sad day for Carver lovers. :( :( :( :( :( :(
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:55 pm

edriz wrote:How you know it's Bob's signature? You ever SEE him sign anything? Ever. :lol: Hey, ya never know :-k

I had Bob sign Kingman's speakers last Carverfest!
Attachments
IMG_1382.JPG
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:07 pm

F1nut wrote:Rita has closed up shop.

wtf?
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

TNRabbit

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:52 am

Shop appears to be opening under Bob's name....nooshinjohn will have details in a couple of days. He's getting settled from his move to KallyForny.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

kingman

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:21 am

TNRabbit wrote:Shop appears to be opening under Bob's name....nooshinjohn will have details in a couple of days. He's getting settled from his move to KallyForny.

[-o< [-o< [-o<
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:32 am

Well I have kept quiet on the subject for a few weeks awaiting to see it's outcome.
Now that the cat is out of the bag, I suppose I can go ahead and offer up a few details.

I spoke to Linda, about 3-4 weeks ago, and was asking how the move and new shop was going.

During our conversation, she let me know that Rita was no longer there, and was on a "leave of absence"
As the conversation went on, I was told that she was not sure if it were a temporary, or permanent "leave of absence" yet.
Linda told me that Rita was having some "family issues" that she had to take care of, and things were up in the air, over her return.
I was told that currently, Bill was the head tech, and that they had brought in another previous Carver employee as his assistant.

One of the concerns Linda and I spoke about, was the repair companies "name".
Evidently Bob had told them to start thinking up a new name for the business (in case she did not return I expect)
My suggestion to her was... Don't come up with a new name at all... but to build themselves into the new business Bob is starting, as Bob Carver's Equipment Repair Division.

For those that don't know... Bob is starting a new company. The website is in the works now, as is the product line.
http://www.BobCarver.com (not live yet) Of which, I am to be some type of shareholder/design-fabrication engineer. (details still in the works)

My suggestion to Linda, was to go back to Bob, and work out some way of incorporating their "new company" into a branch of Bob's new business, rather than trying to promote 2 new companies...
one of which would be a very small repair business that would be relying on Bob's name for business anyway.

I have not spoken to Lynda in a few weeks, and I expect they are still hashing out the details of the new repair company.
But I fully expect them to be a branch of the new company Bob is forming, to some extent anyway.

Those are the details I know of so far. If I find out more, I will post, as will John I'm sure.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:39 am

Cool, TM. Any hints as to the product line of Bob's new company? Primarily tube gear? Refurbed "old" Carver stuff? Speakers?
Last edited by elgrau on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:40 am

Yours is probably a good idea James, in that revenue and expense can be shared to keep profit at a level where taxes don't kill.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum