FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:28 am

Bob Carver and Rita Helm have closed another shop.

<<

snarffydoggy

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:23 pm

Re: Bob Carver and Rita Helm have opened a new shop.

Well, just got off of the phone with Bob & Harry and the Sunfire 300 x 2 will be on UPS tomorrow morning:
snarffydoggy
<<

snarffydoggy

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:23 pm

Well my sons Sunfire 300 x 2 is in route to Rita's Services, UPS ETA is January 5th 2009
snarffydoggy
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:45 pm

snarffydoggy wrote:Talked to Harry at about 10:30AM Him & Bob were stuck in the snow and trying to get chains put on the car.

As long as there is daylight, no trees to the rear, and about a dozen eager audio enthusiasts around Bob should have no problem getting unstuck. :lol:
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:38 pm

Don't we know that personally. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> for all the help.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Rolland

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:01 am

OBI56 wrote:Don't forget that Rita used to have her own Carver service operation and she had tons of original parts in stock. Rolland only got those parts that got chucked into garbage containers when they liquidated Carver, so he may have more parts in stock, but certainly not ALL of the parts.
No Rolland has ALL the parts Rita had... how do I know? This is Rolland and we not only have all the OEM Motorola as well as all the other OEM semiconductors. Unless you went and inspected all the parts (as we did by the way) how would you know and why would you lie? Do you have access to our inventory and why the negative statements? We are very well known for our excellent service so be kind. We have a post coming in response to the new shop. Will post soon. All the best. Rolland
Thanks for all the support, it's greatly appreciated, and it's a privilege to work on such great equipment. If I don't reply to your questions, you are not being ignored, I do not frequent the forum very often, due to our huge work load.

Carver Audio Repair Center / Hi-Tech Audio Ltd. 2125 SW 19th St. Gresham Oregon 97080 Voice (503)618-7605 Fax (503)674-8593 http://www.carveraudiorepair.com
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:11 am

A wise man once said you shouldn't burn bridges and I'm not talking to Bob, Rita or Rolland, but the forum as a whole.
Last edited by F1nut on Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Rolland

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:26 am

OBI56 wrote:Don't forget that Rita used to have her own Carver service operation and she had tons of original parts in stock. Rolland only got those parts that got chucked into garbage containers when they liquidated Carver, so he may have more parts in stock, but certainly not ALL of the parts.

Truth. When Rolland bought all the OEM parts they were just that and the same exact stock Sunfire service / carver service had in stock to service the equipment. Unless you were there to inspect the parts (as we did by the way) how would you know? And why do you make untrue statements? Garbage containers? No these were in all the parts bins with all the Carver part numbers all the original drivers, predrivers, microprocessors Final outputs not to mention TFM 22, 25, 35 35X 55, 55X amp assemblies and far to many other parts not to mention all the VU meters, rack handles, remote controls, manuals… The level of service we provide has been well spoken of by our customers so I am not going to get in to a debate with you but please be kind as to what you say as lies don’t make for good business. Please get your facts straight.
Thanks for all the support, it's greatly appreciated, and it's a privilege to work on such great equipment. If I don't reply to your questions, you are not being ignored, I do not frequent the forum very often, due to our huge work load.

Carver Audio Repair Center / Hi-Tech Audio Ltd. 2125 SW 19th St. Gresham Oregon 97080 Voice (503)618-7605 Fax (503)674-8593 http://www.carveraudiorepair.com
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:48 am

Rolland wrote:

Truth. When Rolland bought all the OEM parts they were just that and the same exact stock Sunfire service / carver service had in stock to service the equipment. Unless you were there to inspect the parts (as we did by the way) how would you know? And why do you make untrue statements? Garbage containers? No these were in all the parts bins with all the Carver part numbers all the original drivers, predrivers, microprocessors Final outputs not to mention TFM 22, 25, 35 35X 55, 55X amp assemblies and far to many other parts not to mention all the VU meters, rack handles, remote controls, manuals… The level of service we provide has been well spoken of by our customers so I am not going to get in to a debate with you but please be kind as to what you say as lies don’t make for good business. Please get your facts straight.

I stand corrected Rolland. I was using information that came from other senior members (plural) of this forum in my statement. I am only repeating what stated to me as being factual in the past.

I have never said anything negative concerning you, your business nor its level of service; in fact, I have referred more potential customers to you who have come on here looking for parts and service in the past year that almost anyone else on here to the point of discouraging newcomers from going to other, unqualified repair shops who risk destroying Carver equipment because they have no idea what they are doing.

I will dig up the posts on this forum regarding the whole garbage bin story and post them here so you can address this story at its source and finally put an end to it. As far as Rita having a stock of original parts, that is also documented on here at the time she and Mylinda were supposed to set up a new service shop earlier this year which never got off the ground.

I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused you Rolland; my main goal on here has always been to properly document everything about Carver and to correct any factual errors being disseminated.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:37 am

I was the one that got garbage cans full of SPEAKER (ribbon) parts, the trupan centerboards for the 48" . Got about 3 of them.

AND if MY info is correct Rolland pulled only LIGHSTAR stuff out of the dumpster!!!!!!!!! THANK GOD HE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN Jess!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by DaveS on Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

aawirth

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:20 pm

Welcome back Bob, figured you'd be back after a good vacation, and a well deserved one :) . having faith extriodenair in you, when can I expect to see a new product line :) , perhaps SunCar Corp :) .
<<

ViperZ

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:34 pm

Looks like my TFM-24 might need an overhaul (I just want the authograph, lol).
<<

dave7310

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:49 pm

WOW !!!

I just found out about this.

I want to send all my Carver stuff in for a tune-up !

Thank god i saved all the original boxes all these years ! lol
Carver... M-1.0t , TFM-35 , TFM-15 , C-16 , CT-Seven , SD/A-490t , TD-1400

B&W 683's, B&W ASW610. Technics SL-B20

Cerwin Vega AT-15's ( R.I.P. 2/6/90-12/24/08 )
<<

Rolland

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:25 pm

BillD wrote:I kinda feel sorry for Rolland. What's he gonna do?
Rolland here. We are still providing the best service in the industry as our reputation clearly proves. We are however going to provide more options as the economy is in the bucket so to speak and to help our customers we will have two options. We will continue to provide our signature rebuild service to brand new electrical condition with the warranty to back it up. We will also have a more economical service going through the entire unit providing repairs, and assuring it will perform to factory specifications and this will include factory service bulletins. Thanks again for your support. Rolland and the rest of the Hi-Tech Audio family

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:29 pm

Good luck, Rolland; and thank you for all you do!
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Rolland

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:42 pm

BillD wrote:I kinda feel sorry for Rolland. What's he gonna do?

Rolland wrote:

Rolland wrote:

Thank you very much for clearing that up. I did want to clear up a couple of things however. When we purchased the inventory it was the complete inventory that being said… Rita was an employee how could she have a stock of Carver parts, as they were all sold to Hi-Tech Audio. I would like however to apologize if I came across negative but when Sunfire approached us in regard to providing this service we were of course very pleased to be chosen. Thanks again for your response I know you meant no harm. Thanks again. Rolland

PreviousNext

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum