FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:02 am

More remote control problems

<<

icravcarver

TFM-25

Post Sat May 09, 2009 8:35 pm

More remote control problems

Okay, not sure when or how, but the remote for my HR-772 just up and died. (I know, I use it quite a bit, but it just shit to bed so to speak). Checked batteries, not the problem. No matter which button I push, no response. It has been working great up until tonight. No problems what so ever. No shaboink - nada - nuttin.

I have read a thread about cleaning the contacts in the remotes, but not sure how to take the damn thing apart. There are two small screws at the top on the back side, but I can't seem to get the bottom portion to separate, and with my "meatloaf" hand (as my kids call them), I don't want to break it apart.

Any help or experiences would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, like the TL-3200 remote issue - just cleaning the lens of the CD player - doesn't appear to be a possible option! :?
OCCD claims another victim!!

Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: TFM-55; C-16; SD/A-490t; TD-1770; BEDROOM: HR-772
Non Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: Dual CS-530 TT w/Ortofon Super OM10; POLK SDA-1C's; Phillips CDR-775 CD Burner; BSR EQ-300; BEDROOM: T.B.A.

"I may be poor, but I am rich in sound!!"
<<

icravcarver

TFM-25

Post Mon May 11, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: More remote control problems

Okay - I finally got the darn thing apart. Here some pictures of the circuit board that is in the remote. I noticed one stray strand of wire from my negative lead to the board, so I eliminated that from the picture, and still nada - nuttin'. I think the LED may be out, but not sure how to test it for sure. (My multimeter is broke (it fell off my work bench a month or so ago, and I never replaced it.) But anyhow, if the led were working, then I should see it light up if I activate one of the buttons, right???

Anyone know the specs on the LED for remotes so I can possibly look a replacing it? After all, got nothing to lose. Ain't working anyway!!

Sorry if pics are not the best.
Attachments
Remote Board Front.jpg
Front of remote board
Remote Board Front.jpg (11.99 KiB) Viewed 295 times
Remote Board Back.jpg
Back of remote board
Remote Board Back.jpg (10.59 KiB) Viewed 295 times
Remote LED.jpg
LED portion of remote
Remote LED.jpg (11.05 KiB) Viewed 295 times
OCCD claims another victim!!

Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: TFM-55; C-16; SD/A-490t; TD-1770; BEDROOM: HR-772
Non Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: Dual CS-530 TT w/Ortofon Super OM10; POLK SDA-1C's; Phillips CDR-775 CD Burner; BSR EQ-300; BEDROOM: T.B.A.

"I may be poor, but I am rich in sound!!"

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum