FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:47 pm

C-500 Amplifer Help Needed

<<

mrpajamas

Post Tue May 12, 2009 8:09 pm

C-500 Amplifer Help Needed

I recently put a Carver C-500 into service with no problems until today. Upon powering on (turn on) unit is now blowing the main line fuse. She was working great with no problems , noises ,smells or smoke. Not driven hard and everthing in the system is the same ( no changes). Does any one have access to a service manual or the schematics as I know my way around amps and and am handy with a meter/soldering iron. Can any one at least point me in the direction of where these units are prone to fail? Amp played fine last night, shut down for the evening and went to listen this afternoon and it's blowing fuses.
email is mrpajamas@aol.com Willing to purchase/pay for copy of service manual. Any and all help is appreciated - Thanks. ( Ray in Boston)
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Tue May 12, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: C-500 Amplifer Help Needed

E-mail sent
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum