It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:14 pm

TFM-35 output problems

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri May 22, 2009 8:02 pm

Re: TFM-35 output problems

elgrau wrote:Why should he be the exception (no garbage posts)? :-" ......But why single out this newbie?
There is no singling out here. There is not one thing wrong with a fellow member helping out a new member of the forum, ever. However, just to skirt the forum rules to get a manual.......BS posts are generally frowned upon. That's why I thanked Steve and informed Donberry that he choose wisely.

Happy Memorial Day fellow Carver fans!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri May 22, 2009 8:41 pm

"John Lennon makes a pact with the satan? Give me a fucking break."

And don't shoot the messenger, Frankie! I'm just "reporting" about the book! Go rag on it's author, not me!
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Fri May 22, 2009 9:23 pm

I think you earn your right to make smart-ass remarks when you're over the post limit. You have nothing to gain, so it's all in fun.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Fri May 22, 2009 9:32 pm

treitz3 wrote:
elgrau wrote:Why should he be the exception (no garbage posts)? :-" ......But why single out this newbie?
There is no singling out here. There is not one thing wrong with a fellow member helping out a new member of the forum, ever. However, just to skirt the forum rules to get a manual.......BS posts are generally frowned upon. That's why I thanked Steve and informed Donberry that he choose wisely.

Happy Memorial Day fellow Carver fans!

Thank you treitz3.....You have a great weekend your self...!!!!....Maybe we should take a vote , and vote me off the forum... 8-[ :-"
<<

donberry

Post Fri May 22, 2009 10:50 pm

well, first, sorry to create such a stir and glad i chose not to make a bunch of garbage posts.
2nd - I believe I am going to have to study up on the carver before I crack the hood. I know very little about the regular stuff, just learning it. Had to quit riding my bike for health reasons so got back into audio after a few decades absence. Then as I was buying very used equipment, found out I really enjoyed repairing/restoring them.
Is actually how i got the TFM-35. I was looking at one in the past, but did not really have the cash for it. In the process of looking for an oscilloscope to go a lil further in my new hobby, guy I have dealt with in the past happened to have a scope and a TFM-35 with the stated problem.

Plan is to repair the TFM-35 and use it and a Pioneer Spec 2 to bi-amp a pair of Magnepan MG-IIc's.
I guess we'll see how it works out.
For now I guess I had better spend some time finding some info on the theory behind the Carver stuff, doesn't weight enough to make a good boat anchor :-&

oh, and not to create another stir, but I did not read the post about Lennon and satan, but I did listen to the guy who wrote the book on Coast to Coast AM.
Don't know about the book, having not read it, but having listened to him, imo he sure drew some pretty far out conclusions. I believe in many things most people do not believe in, but Lennon selling his soul is not one of them. In fact, if i remember correctly, in his interview, he based most of this on someone telling him that they overheard Lennon telling McCartney's mother that - so from there, all he did was piece together a really weird wacky puzzle imo...
sorry, normally would not post this in the technical section, but as it was mentioned.
Previous

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum