Hi Carverophiles! I have a strange problems with my nice M1.0t. Inputting a 1K waveform, the output starts very low, suddenly increases a lot then it goes back to being very low and so on. While this is going on, the transformer buzz and Q130 becomes Very hot! So far I replaced various transistors such as Q120, 110, 117,118 etc. with those suggested forthe MkII modification and all the small value electrolitic caps plus those for the +-30 branch of the power supply which still shows a little ripple.
Any advice for troubleshooting is appreciated!
1. Infinity Gamma w/servo, Audio Research D-250 Mk II + 2 bridged Hafler XL600, Audio Research SP6B, Denon DCD-1560, Denon turntable
2. Electrovoice Interface D, Kenwood M2A, C2, CD (in Italy)
3. Allison One, Dynaco 400, APT Holman pre, Technics CD, Luxman turntable (in Italy)
4. ADS L-1290/II, Carver M 1.0t, C-1, Pioneer CD
5. Phase Linear Andromeda III , 200 II & 300 II, C4000 II, Sony X-307 ES CD
6. JBL L-36 Decade, Fisher X-500B tube receiver, Yamaha 720 CD
7. Etc. Etc. Etc.