FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:07 pm

New foam for ALS-III's?

<<

abarson

Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:12 pm

New foam for ALS-III's?

My ALS-III's are looking shabby, as the foam covering the tweeters (running the whole length of the speaker, actually) has deteriorated to the point of crumbling onto the floor on its own.
Can anyone recommend some place where I can get some replacement material?
](*,)
<<

Jagman

Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:54 pm

Hi- I'm not sure what the foam is you are talking about that runs the length of the tweeters. I believe you are speaking about the ribbons, there is no foam that I know of in the material used to make the ribbons, maybe the kapton is deteriorating, I guess. take another look. Do the speakers produce any sound?
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:16 pm

Jagman,

He's talking about the ALS III's not the Amazing's. The ALS III's ribbon has a piece of foam over the front running from top to bottom and between the oak panels.

I believe he posted this elsewhere on the forum and received the answer to his question.

F1
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Jagman

Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:41 am

Ah, got it- thanks for the correction.

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum