Any Coin Collectors here? THIS IS A SHAMELESS PLUG FOR ME!

Just want to BS about nothing... This is the place for it
helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Any Coin Collectors here? THIS IS A SHAMELESS PLUG FOR ME!

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:58 pm

Don't know if there are any other coin collectors here, but thought I'd let y'all know about my auction on ebay that ends tomorrow (Sunday) morning.
If you have not heard, the US Mint released the 2011 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle 5 coin set on Oct. 27th at 12Noon Eastern, and it sold out within the first 5 hours! I bought this set, on Oct. 27th at 12:53PM Eastern time, and received it on Friday. It is a beautiful set! Since my wife and I are both un-employed right now, :( we need the cash, and have it up for auction on ebay, along with the 2006 20th anniversary set. These two sets are the only sets that have the Silver Eagle Reverse Proof included, and they were not available separately from the mint. Please forgive this shameless plug. :rolleyes:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120810652063?ss ... 515wt_1398
Thank you for your interest. Please bid high and bid often! :shock:

edit:
Forgot to mention, check my other items if you are interested in speaker cables.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120809033947?ss ... 465wt_1398
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120809137018?ss ... 502wt_1398
Last edited by helicopterpilotdoug on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com

elgrau
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Any Coin Collectors here? THIS IS A SHAMELESS PLUG FOR

Post by elgrau » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Will check it out, but I pretty much only collect the $20 Gold Liberties.... :lol: Hard to loose on coins where 90+% of there value is in the actual precious metal content/value.... But will look...Thanks, Ed
FR: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
LR: AudioEngine wireless link from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 6.5" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-634x 3-4 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: 300 disk changer to Entech 202.5 DAC to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.

thuffman03
!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post by thuffman03 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:56 pm

Very nice set of coins you have on the block. I have a small collection but I am not buying for melt or spot value for when the Dollar crashes and I will have silver o trade with.
Some cool Carver stuff!

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Thanks Ed! Hey one of your Liberties should just about cover the cost of both these sets. Want to trade??? :D
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:19 pm

thuffman03 wrote:Very nice set of coins you have on the block. I have a small collection but I am not buying for melt or spot value for when the Dollar crashes and I will have silver o trade with.
I heard you on that! Lots of us trying to do the same thing.

elgrau
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by elgrau » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:57 pm

" Hey one of your Liberties should just about cover the cost of both these sets. Want to trade???"

Yeah; $1720 (buy price) last time I checked... \:D/

Of the three buy groups I've made over the last ~3 years, my ROI has averaged ~18% per year. Do these silver "collectibles" sets do as well?? But just to keep things simple, I'll probably just stick with coins that are mostly valued for their gold/silver content. Less you need to know that way....and I'm lazy/stupid! :lol: Might snag a half bag of "junk silver" pre-'64 coins just to have small pieces to buy bread/food with when the world ends.... [-o< 8-[ :lol:

Good luck! I hope you get a good price!
FR: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
LR: AudioEngine wireless link from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 6.5" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-634x 3-4 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: 300 disk changer to Entech 202.5 DAC to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.

Magic_Physicist
TFM-6cb

Post by Magic_Physicist » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:43 am

Those uncirculated new coins always look nice.

I have been collecting coins and paper money since I was less than 10 years old.

Some I don't have because the magically disappeared when I was a kid (parents most likely) those were the silver Ben Franklins.

I have some silver dollars still and my oldest is a 1825 half dollar.

Lots of old penny's from the wheat days.

Old red and silver paper $1's and $2's and several star notes in perfect condition.

I have paper money all over my house stashed in books that some lucky dog will end up with.

I have a couple thousand dollars worth of rolls of all the State quarters for some reason.

But my favorite have always been my collection of Ben Franklins ($100 bills)

I am the only one that has ever seen them and they are also hidden here.

Tempted to say how many but I try to keep that a secret too.

One thing I find funny is how all these companies sell GOLD and SILVER for the high price but what do they trade them to you all for???

Thats right those good old Ben Franklin $100 bills.

And I know my luck would be if I traded all mine for GOLD I wouldn't make a penny.....more than likely would just lose money buying those gold and silver coins and bars.

I do know one thing.....and that is how tall a stack of one million dollars worth of Ben Franklins is and just how much I can hold in one hand......or two 8)

I also think it is just a scam when they keep printing new version of paper money saying it is so they can't be counterfeited.

Yet my old 20th century Ben Franklins are still worth $100 each.

Now I wouldn't mind finding a sack of gold or silver coins but I sure as hell won't be buying any.

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:44 am

elgrau wrote:" Hey one of your Liberties should just about cover the cost of both these sets. Want to trade???"

Yeah; $1720 (buy price) last time I checked... \:D/

Of the three buy groups I've made over the last ~3 years, my ROI has averaged ~18% per year. Do these silver "collectibles" sets do as well?? But just to keep things simple, I'll probably just stick with coins that are mostly valued for their gold/silver content. Less you need to know that way....and I'm lazy/stupid! :lol: Might snag a half bag of "junk silver" pre-'64 coins just to have small pieces to buy bread/food with when the world ends.... [-o< 8-[ :lol:

Good luck! I hope you get a good price!
Thanks Ed. Me too!!

ekog
TFM-6cb

Post by ekog » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:57 am

elgrau wrote:" Might snag a half bag of "junk silver" pre-'64 coins just to have small pieces to buy bread/food with when the world ends...."
Lots of Gold and Silver to be had when the world ends all you need are land, and water and people will give you all the Gold and Silver you want. :lol:
helicopterpilotdoug wrote:It is a beautiful set! Since my wife and I are both un-employed right now, :( we need the cash, and have it up for auction on ebay
Sorry to hear that I hope you are successful on getting these sold for a price you are happy with. If I wasn’t in the same boat I would definitely be interested.
Main System Setup:
Pre: Carver C2 | Amp: Carver M-500t|Equilizer: Sansui SE99|Speakers: Polk SDA2’s
Source: Tuner: Carver TX-2| Phono: Technics SL-1210 MkII with a Ortofon VMS 20E Mk II| DirecTV DVR | Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc player | Samsung DVD/VHS player

Second System Setup:
Receiver: Yamaha RXV867| Fronts: Klipsch F-30's |Sub: Klipsch SW-112
Source: Radio |Internet/Network | Sony CDP-70 CD player

elgrau
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by elgrau » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:18 pm

"Yet my old 20th century Ben Franklins are still worth $100 each."

Yeah, that's the problem. Each $100 bill will only buy about 1-2% worth of the goods that it did ~100 years ago. Not true of gold: an ounce will STILL buy a high quality suit of clothing (just as it did 100 years ago...).

Fiat money is the biggest elitist/government wealth stealing scam of all time.....

One day (Real Soon Now??) those $100 bills won't be worth the paper they are printed on... On the other hand, gold will ALWAYS have value...for the simple reason that it is scarce and cannot be "printed" nor counterfeited nor conjured out of thin air by the evil shits at the "Federal" Reserve...

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:27 pm

elgrau wrote:
Fiat money is the biggest elitist/government wealth stealing scam of all time.....

One day (Real Soon Now??) those $100 bills won't be worth the paper they are printed on... On the other hand, gold will ALWAYS have value...for the simple reason that it is scarce and cannot be "printed" nor counterfeited nor conjured out of thin air by the evil shits at the "Federal" Reserve...
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:33 pm

I do collect, but nothing as recent as you have here. My stuff is now all before 1950's, even more before 1920s. My grandmother gave me her set around my 16th birthday and I just add to it as I can.

I did have a lot of recent stuff, but I actually gave it to a friend as a cash out. The few bucks I would have made off a recent coin or bill isn't worth me spending time listing.

I am holding on to the rest and building on it for my grandson, so if anyone has older coins or bills - even foreign (recent okay here) - let me know.

Here is a hint - the coins from Greece especially, even common recent ones - WILL be going up in value over the next few years with them changing their monetary system. Lots of things going on over there internally that means what they use now will be obsolete as they begin to do away with it entirely.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

Magic_Physicist
TFM-6cb

Post by Magic_Physicist » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 am

elgrau wrote:"Yet my old 20th century Ben Franklins are still worth $100 each."

Yeah, that's the problem. Each $100 bill will only buy about 1-2% worth of the goods that it did ~100 years ago. Not true of gold: an ounce will STILL buy a high quality suit of clothing (just as it did 100 years ago...).

Well I am willing to bet that you are wrong about that.

Sure the "price" of gold has risen since the 1970's as it spiked in 1979 and then dropped to half that price in 1982 and then stayed the same until 2003 when THIS scam started.

Yes gold is still gold and if you take a piss on it it is still gold and if you do it to a Ben Franklin you have to rinse it off but once you dry it it is still $100

The paper money here in the good old USA will be around for a long time.

We still use the coins down to a penny even though they have less copper than the pre-1982's

Most people are just not good at spending their money once they get much of it.

I have always been really good at doing it.

I never got insane amounts of pay like the real rich get but I managed to have things that most people in the world (let alone here in the US) have.

My house and property are payed for and worth quite a bit even now but I made them that way.

My cars and truck are payed for and nice because I made them that way.

And doing things the way I have all my life is why I have all my Carver stuff and the 82in DLP and the 67in DLP and the 6 computers and other things I have collected all my adult life (antique furniture)

I always hear people bitch about how things are too expensive now.

Well between my shopping skills and my wifes shopping skills for the food and clothes and my fun collecting Ben Franklins make most people think I am a rich guy that had money handed to me......well they would only be half right.

I never bought anything with silver and gold.

And I also won't be giving anyone $1800 for an ounce of gold.

It is like buying those coins (Mint state 60 to 70) they sure look nice but they (like Barry on satellite for the last 25yrs) want 100X+ more than the weight of the metal.

The only way to collect gold and silver is to dig up your own unless you want to make another guy rich buying it from him.

I bet never in your life will you go to the grocery store or buy a car with a fist full of metal.

But I know you can buy all the gold you want from the companies and they will take your Ben Franklins and they will have lots of cash and you will have a few coins or a little bullion to look at or later hope to sell and not lose too much 8)

http://tinyurl.com/BUY-GOLD-BUY-GOLD-BUY-GOLD

:lol:

Hey does Bob take gold coins for a tube amp?

Ok goodnight.............

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:13 am

Well, ended up pretty good. Actually got $30 more than the original buy it now price. :D By the time ebay and paypal are paid, plus shipping costs, I still made out OK. Thanks for looking guys and gals.

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:29 am

Ed, you can turn ANY thread into a political rant~

:lol: :lol: :lol:
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Return to “Way the Hell !! OFF TOPIC !!”