Hurricane Matthew

Just want to BS about nothing... This is the place for it
Jazzman53
M-400t CUBE

Re: Hurricane Matthew

Post by Jazzman53 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:46 am

Checking in from Savannah:

Great to hear Don & Terri are OK.

The situation in Port Wentworth (Savavvah) is dreary this AM. No power and the water is apparently turned on only for a few hours per day. The areas under the mandatory evacuation order (basically all areas east of I-95, including me and Martin too) are under restrictions akin to martial law. All roads in are blocked off and for those that stayed behind if you leave you can't get back in. I drove out yesterday looking for a hot meal (nothing open anyway) and the got turned back from two State Patrol road blocks trying to get back home-- but I found a third entry point with a friendly local cop who let me thru after verifying my address on my DL.

The power company crews are stretched pretty thin I guess and there are dozens of trees down over power lines in my neighborhood alone.

But the bad news is that Martin's house did get flooded at least a few inches-- he went in yesterday and found the floors and carpets wet. When I went by there yesterday at daybreak the water had receeded ant it wasnt apparent it had reached that level. And I didn't go inside.

We're going over with my truck this morning and move his belongings to my house before it all gets mildewed. He'll probably need to move, as the black mold is sure to take over.

sea
TFM-35

Post by sea » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:56 am

I am glad to hear that everyone is safe with minimal damage.

sea
TFM-35

Post by sea » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:59 am

sea wrote:I am glad to hear that everyone is safe with minimal damage.
Posted before I read Eddie's post from Don. Sounds like his damage exceeds minimal. Also looks like Martin has a mess as deal with as well.

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:28 pm

We are home with power restored. =D> Best news is my 93 year old Dad and my 91 year old Mom did not fall while we were at the lake cabin. Took 24 hour vigil over 4 days by my sister and I but with God's help, we pulled it off.

Time to sleep. Thanks everyone for the prayers.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:25 am

Prayers answered.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

sea
TFM-35

Post by sea » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:59 am

I live in Eastern NC and we still have severe flooding. I look after manufacturing for a textile company with 4 locations. My office is in the Burlington NC Plant which was the least impacted. Three of plants further east near the Coast lost power and two have just had it restored this morning. The third plant may have power again later today or tomorrow. That location houses most of our servers and that is having a severe impact on the other plants operations.

Many of our employees still do not have power and flooded roadways will prevent many from coming to work. But as with most of these kind of issues.....it could have been a lot worse.

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:56 am

Prayers sent
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:49 am

sea wrote:I live in Eastern NC and we still have severe flooding. I look after manufacturing for a textile company with 4 locations. My office is in the Burlington NC Plant which was the least impacted. Three of plants further east near the Coast lost power and two have just had it restored this morning. The third plant may have power again later today or tomorrow. That location houses most of our servers and that is having a severe impact on the other plants operations.

Many of our employees still do not have power and flooded roadways will prevent many from coming to work. But as with most of these kind of issues.....it could have been a lot worse.

I am so sending good thoughts to you and all those affected. My sister thought she was spared and woke up to flooding this morning. It isn't terrible as it is in other areas of Fayetteville, but it ain't over yet for so many there. crazy that the one state they said wouldn't be affected, has been hit hardest. Stay safe and dry!
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

Return to “Way the Hell !! OFF TOPIC !!”