Smokin'

Just want to BS about nothing... This is the place for it
radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Smokin'

Post by radioeng2 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:02 pm

Hey Big Al,

Have you ever tried smokin' cheese is your smoker?
Or any of you other guys with one? What other things besides roadkill does well in one?

I keep thinking about how good the stuff you guys smoked at CF tasted! Has to be one in my future somewhere....

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Smokin'

Post by frenchguy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:18 pm

Mark, cheese has to be smoked at low temps or it will melt!! ](*,) :rolleyes: 8-[ :lol: I would like to but you need a cold smoker attachment to your smoker to do that, may buy one some day! going to smoke some chili for the chili cook off @ "THE FEST" :D

I could teach you some stuff to smoke! :D 8)

smoked baked beans are damn good too!!

Its alot cheaper then audio too!! :lol: 8)
2-Carver Crimson 275 vacuum tube amps,Carver C-1 tfm 42. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carver Amazing Silver speakers in oak, Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

MRHP
SILVER-7t

Post by MRHP » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:25 pm

For a minute I thought you guys were talking about letting the "magic smoke" of you fine Carver equipment :shock:
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0002
Cherry/260wpc Mono Blocks
Lightstar Reference
Sunfire Series II 625x2
Carver 490t
OPPO-103
Lucas Labs CF-14
Sunfire Tube pre
DENON DP-62L TT
DUAL CS 5000 TT
DQ-20's
Tesla CF-15 speakers
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:52 pm

I am the proud owner of a Davey Crockett smoker my girls got me for Christmas. I'll be getting my smoke on this evening after work. Pics and smell-o-vision to follow.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

DaveS
The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post by DaveS » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:13 pm

http://www.amazenproducts.com

Best Cold Smoker going cheapest to run because you can use pellets and produces so little heat you can smoke inside of a cardboard box get the maze it's adjustable by the amount of pellets you put in it and can last up there almost 12 hours it's fantastic for smoking salmon
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry

BobSmi57
M-400t CUBE

Post by BobSmi57 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Looking forward to those pics, Ray. Now all you need is a nice bottle of Muscadine Wine to go with that smoker.

Bob

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:20 pm

BobSmi57 wrote:Looking forward to those pics, Ray. Now all you need is a nice bottle of Muscadine Wine to go with that smoker.

Bob
Bob, just bought a case of it. Sadly it was $2 more a bottle here than it was at a convenience store there.
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Ray promised results...and yet here we are several days later with nothing posted.

I can only assume the worst...likely hospitalization was the result.... :shock:

:lol: 8)

Mark

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:47 pm

After a bit of F'in around trying to figure out if Davey self-starts..(it doesn't) I got 'er up and running. 2 hours of seasoning the smoker and I was off and running. I've been perusing the 'net for rub recipes and found one I thought I'd like, followed the directions and slapped the ribs in the smoker. I'm going to work on the rub but overall I'm pretty happy with the final product.

I managed a nice smoke ring and color.
IMG_4016.JPG
And the taste....well what do you think? I tried some homemade sauce on one and nothing on the other half.

Pretty freekin' wonderful...for a beginner.

ray
Magnaryder

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:37 am

Time for round 2 then Ray!

I'll never get enough time on one to equal you guys, no how. Maybe I could do 'burnt ends'. :lol:

I'm sure liking the idea of a smoker day meal at the fest this year. Everybody smoke something different on the same day then eat together...

Guess I need to get off my thumbs and get shopping for one!

Mark

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:33 pm

Going in on a pork shoulder or picnic today. I have to go to the store to get more ingredients for the rub. While it was pretty good, I didn't really care for the chili powder in the last one.

ray
Magnaryder

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Post by frankieD » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Hey Ray...if you're going to put pictures like that in your posts you need to send me a care package.

O.K. maybe just make some like that for me at the Fest !!

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:00 pm

:lol: :lol:

ray

Old habits die hard eh Boxwine?
Magnaryder

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:28 pm

Imagine if you will hot dog chili sauce from mind of Magnaryder. Lightly chocolate infused, with roasted poblano and smoked ancho chilis. Its on the stove now. 4 and 1 1/2 hours simmering to reduce volume by half. Nathan's bun length dogs.....on the smoker of course, a local cheddar, some red onions and a nice yellow mustard.

Damn tasty.

ray

BTW, I have an 8 lb pork tenderloin on the smoker now. I'm trying a new rub.

Smell-o-vision to follow
Magnaryder

Return to “Way the Hell !! OFF TOPIC !!”