Voting incumbents out

Just want to BS about nothing... This is the place for it
engtaz
"TAZ"

Voting incumbents out

Post by engtaz » Thu May 17, 2018 5:05 am

Please start voting incumbents out every year. Lets clean out government till they start getting term limits and we get our country back.

Food for thought
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

UncleMeat
TFM-25

Re: Voting incumbents out

Post by UncleMeat » Thu May 17, 2018 5:26 pm

I live where every incumbent politician is someone I wouldn't vote for anyway, so DONE!

The only way to drain a swamp is to pull the plug!

Robert R
TFM-75

Post by Robert R » Fri May 18, 2018 10:52 am

Be careful what you wish for...

Voting out ALL incumbents would seem to me to be an oversimplified, happy-time, thought-free answer to a complex problem. It won't work.

The way to clean up the system is to take the corporate money out of it, and to have neutral redistricting. None of that democratization is going to happen from within the system – it just gets worse. There is no simple solution.

Some of the worst Reps are first-term guys, always with big money behind them; guys whom the voters elect despite knowing virtually nothing about them, except their avowed stand on the usual wedge issues (about which they actually couldn't care less). Imagine such a bunch, with no incentive of re-election, no need to satisfy constituents - would any of those guys really behave better? Or would they just act a lot quicker and more ruthlessly in their quest to get rich, and curry favor of their favorite special interests so as to land a nice lobbyist or PR job later? With no voter input, would anything decent ever get passed? Except in response to their corporate masters, they'd be lucky to even agree on the time of day, let alone, say, a realistic budget or affordable health care.

RobertR
"You know what folks? I'm happy."

Jazzman53
M-400t CUBE

Post by Jazzman53 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:50 pm

I favor term limits but that's not likely to happen, as those it would limit would have to vote it in. I recall a press conference wherein someone asked Senator Mitch McConnell about term limits and his reply was "we already have term limits-- it's called an election". And my thought was: He just made my point.

Return to “Way the Hell !! OFF TOPIC !!”