OCCD mixed with OSCD

Admitting you have a problem, is the 1st step to recovery. Help a friend in need !!!
Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

OCCD mixed with OSCD

Post by Scarabeo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:19 am

OCCD = obsessive carver collecting disorder
OSCD = obsessive sunfire collecting disorder

I was sitting here thinking :-k (Danger) and got a chill down my spine spinning in my head and my TOE's locked up :shock: (AGAIN) and no RX helps! :?

3 short Years ago I owned (2) Carver M500t's (1) Carver C-1 Pre-amp & Carver "Platinum speakers" and a carver CD that was a single disk player, :-" I owned this stuff since the 80's and was very - VERY HAPPY!!! AND THEN I sold the amps to gain (m o r e p o w e r) I dont know why? Maybe I wanted to be like MACHO MAN or something but I
got (2) 1.5t's and then I sold my C-1 to try the C-2 and gain the big nobb's that were silver over the black little ones from
my old C-1 and being I had SH in my speaker control box I lost nothing and I also sold my single CD player for the Carver
mulit Disk player and now The Carver Multi Disk is all I have left!!!!! ](*,)

In the last week I got TWO PAIRS OF AL III's and a extra one :-s The thing is I already had a pair so now I have
THREE PAIRS that' [7] AL III's plus my PLATINUM'S [9] 4 Pairs of carver speakers and still a extra.

I then sold all my Carver stuff for sunfire stuff and got TWO Sunfire Theater Grand 1's / TWO Cinema Grand amplifire's
that is (4) new pieces of sunfire stuff I got in the last four months!!! [-X Plus the speakers!!!

AM I CRAZY????

OH SH!T I "forgot",,, :shock: the sunfire subwoofer! Audio stands, 10 XLR cables and speaker cables and electronic crossovers renting Vans and driving hours to pick up stuff ect...

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!
I need to find a good condition Sunfire Theater Grand IV....

OCCD & OSCD
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Re: OCCD mixed with OSCD

Post by Toy Maker » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:58 am

There is no real cure for OCCD, or your new found strain OSCD..
No matter how hard you try, you will continue to upgrade like a mad man.

There is however, some relief for the panic, and worry your OCCD is causing.
Take 2 of these per day, and you will be back on track, and OCCD will be your friend once again.

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:40 am

Scarabeo wrote:OCCD = obsessive carver collecting disorder

I was sitting here thinking :-k (Danger) and got a chill down my spine spinning in my head and my TOE's locked up :shock: (AGAIN) and no RX helps! :?

3 short Years ago I owned (2) Carver M500t's (1) Carver C-1 Pre-amp & Carver "Platinum speakers" and a carver CD that was a single disk player, :-" I owned this stuff since the 80's and was very - VERY HAPPY!!! AND THEN I sold the amps to gain (m o r e p o w e r) I dont know why? Maybe I wanted to be like MACHO MAN or something but I
got (2) 1.5t's and then I sold my C-1 to try the C-2 and gain the big nobb's that were silver over the black little ones from
my old C-1 and being I had SH in my speaker control box I lost nothing and I also sold my single CD player for the Carver

In the last week I got TWO PAIRS OF AL III's and a extra one :-s The thing is I already had a pair so now I have
THREE PAIRS that' [7] AL III's plus my PLATINUM'S [9] 4 Pairs of carver speakers and still a extra.

I then sold all my Carver stuff for sunfire stuff and got TWO Sunfire Theater Grand 1's / TWO Cinema Grand amplifire's
that is (4) new pieces of sunfire stuff I got in the last four months!!! [-X Plus the speakers!!!

AM I CRAZY????

OH SH!T I "forgot",,, :shock: the sunfire subwoofer! Audio stands, 10 XLR cables and speaker cables and electronic crossovers renting Vans and driving hours to pick up stuff ect...

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

OCCD & OSCD
OK, I admit it; you've got me beat~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Jag_97470 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:59 pm

WTF! You don't have a problem Scarabeo! And maybe others feel as I do reading your post. My life sucks! and I wish I was YOU!! You lucky bastard!! Hey James, I need that pill > where can I get some of that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

gdb
SILVER-7t

Post by gdb » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:08 am

You CAN'T have OCCD if you keep selling the stuff too. [-X Keep what you got, and keep buying more, that's true OCCD !!! :lol:

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Jag_97470 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:42 am

gdb wrote:You CAN'T have OCCD if you keep selling the stuff too. [-X Keep what you got, and keep buying more, that's true OCCD !!! :lol:
Very Good Point gdb!!!! \:D/

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:42 pm

gdb wrote:You CAN'T have OCCD if you keep selling the stuff too. [-X Keep what you got, and keep buying more, that's true OCCD !!! :lol:
Very True, However I had Platinums since new - Then a few years ago I got the ALS III's (Still got both) Then I went out and got two more pairs of Carver speakers so what I have is OCCD of speakers!!! OCSCD is my illment,,,,I have a new Disorder that means :-k
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by angelod307 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:15 am

Scarabeo wrote:OCCD = obsessive carver collecting disorder

AM I CRAZY????

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

OCCD & OSCD

so, maybe i can help you remove a al-III spekaer that is just taking up some space....it wants a new home i tell you. it told me so.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:01 am

Toy Maker wrote:There is no real cure for OCCD, or your new found strain OSCD..
No matter how hard you try, you will continue to upgrade like a mad man.

I was on 2 a day now I am at 6!!! Still I buy more and I have Tube Fever - I am hotter then the tubes! More better cables and audio racks and spare tubes and.......I don't even have a JOB right now :shock:
OK got that off my chest now I am off to AudioGon shopping \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Return to “OCCD... ( Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder )”