Advanced OCCD training/conditioning

Admitting you have a problem, is the 1st step to recovery. Help a friend in need !!!
Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Advanced OCCD training/conditioning

Post by Jag_97470 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Wow, when you really want something that your wife has refused over and over again, what is a guy to do? :-k When you first join this forum you are a little confused about OCCD and what is that exactly? After a year or so you are fully emerged in the thick of it and is rather overwhelming to say the least. You buy everything you can get your hands on until you realize your money is gone! That is the worst stage of OCCD realization. Then you kind of come into your own and can actually control your OCCD to some extent > :lol: That was a good one! ](*,) After another year passes, Yes it does take at least two years to be able to Work your OCCD to your advantage! Back to my first sentence; My wife has refused over and over again to purchase a new LED flat screen, our old analog works just fine and we don't need to spend money when there are other priorities, bla bla bla! :rolleyes: What is a guy to do? This is where after two years advanced OCCD training/conditioning comes into play. We will LIE, make up stories, whatever it takes to get what we want! I explained to my wife we "don't need" 3D ready! next year that is all you will find for sale > We don't need that! I show her an add for the Sony KDL40EX710 that shows $1498.00 on sale for $989.00 Man! these TV's are $500.00 off! Of course I didn't show her any site you go to, even Dell has this TV for $989.00! :D And why have Netflicks DVD's sent to our house? We can stream them from this TV! This is the best price we will ever see this year, next year is another story sad to say :(
She says, maybe we should consider getting a TV this year for Christmas, Oh yeah!! I would like to thank all those on this forum that have been my mentors in OCCD training, with special thanks to Rabbit. OCCD is not just for Carver, if you have advanced training it works for anything you want. :lol: :lol:

TORO3
M-400t CUBE

Re: Advanced OCCD training/conditioning

Post by TORO3 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:16 pm

HD programming and TVs have made huge leaps in the past 7 years. I had an old 27" Sony Wega up until recently before I moved on to a Samsung this past year. The Wega was a great TV, but WOW, that HD programming on the Sammy is pretty darn incredible.

In concern to OCCD, I consider myself to turn into pathological liar when it comes to my GF and electronics...it's just a lot more convenient.
Attachments
wega.jpg
wega.jpg (11.6 KiB) Viewed 1359 times
Sunfire CRM2s, Sunfire CRS3C, Sunfire Cinema Seven, Harmon Kardon AVR240, Sony RCD-W5000

UDUB Football!

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Jag_97470 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:23 am

TORO3 wrote:
In concern to OCCD, I consider myself to turn into pathological liar when it comes to my GF and electronics...it's just a lot more convenient.
:lol: :lol: You are catching on fast my friend, my hats off to you! :D

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:03 am

:lol: Great story. :lol: I guess I'm very lucky in that department. My wife seems to like what I've been doing to our system, and has not put her foot down ... yet. Of course I'm happy with what we have now, and as soon as the Polk Audio SRS 2 speakers are transformed with the rebuilt and tl'd crossovers, plus all the other mods I'm doing, it might be awhile before anymore OCCD strikes! Of course if we were to win the lottery..... \:D/
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:50 am

Wow, I just got out of the Hospital and find this? I just got another pair of CRS-3's and the women went RAMBO on me! Now I got to sell them to pay the Hospital :( Let me know if you know of a buyer...
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Jag_97470 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:44 pm

Scarabeo wrote:Wow, I just got out of the Hospital and find this? I just got another pair of CRS-3's and the women went RAMBO on me! Now I got to sell them to pay the Hospital :( Let me know if you know of a buyer...
What the hell? She went Rambo on you? You joined just 2 months after I did [-X You SHOULD know by now how to WORK IT with the OCCD! :lol: This is a sad day, we are here for ya man if you need a shoulder to lean on. 8)
P.S. Post some pictures of the CRS-3's. Like I said, we are here for ya > You selling them at a discounted price? :D

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:03 pm

:arrow: :doubt: :oops: :-? :doubt: [-o< :badgrin: I forgot to say it was a MENTAL Hospital ](*,)

I got enough CRS-3's and CMR-2's to have a full 9.1 surround but the wife finally snapped and said she was totally happy with 5.1 and wants me to sell the extra ones being I still have my BIG Plat's (Her Favorite) and she said to keep them and stop trying to sell them :?: I can't move them anyway so she wins...

I will be posting a pair of both CRS-3's and CRM-2's for sale :( [Me wanta 9.1 and jimmy will be real good] :D
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

TORO3
M-400t CUBE

Post by TORO3 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:21 pm

Scarabeo wrote::arrow: :doubt: :oops: :-? :doubt: [-o< :badgrin: I forgot to say it was a MENTAL Hospital ](*,)

I got enough CRS-3's and CMR-2's to have a full 9.1 surround but the wife finally snapped and said she was totally happy with 5.1 and wants me to sell the extra ones being I still have my BIG Plat's (Her Favorite) and she said to keep them and stop trying to sell them :?: I can't move them anyway so she wins...

I will be posting a pair of both CRS-3's and CRM-2's for sale :( [Me wanta 9.1 and jimmy will be real good] :D
So, ummm...Scarebeo...

When you gonna throw the For Sale sign on those CRS-3s?
Sunfire CRM2s, Sunfire CRS3C, Sunfire Cinema Seven, Harmon Kardon AVR240, Sony RCD-W5000

UDUB Football!

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:57 pm

TORO3 wrote: So, ummm...Scarebeo...

When you gonna throw the For Sale sign on those CRS-3s?
Well I keep trying to put it off :D You don't know the POWER of my wife, I must obay her! The POWER of OCCD is great but no Match for the wife :evil:

I may be getting the ad on here this weekend unless you want a pair - Just PM me a offer or send me your prayers and something to protect my self...

TORO3
M-400t CUBE

Post by TORO3 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:26 pm

Probably won't have any cash until the beginning of next year. Last night I was curious, which is a synonym for OCSD, so I began thinking of ways to make some quick cash -- pull tabs, scratch tickets, black jack, swinging some methamphetamine to some elementary school students.

All jokes aside, I really am looking into buying some CRS3s in the near future. If nobody here on the forum buys them from you, let me know, instead of having to deal with ebay, craigslist, or Agon.

Just an insurance plan for you.

UDUB Football!

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:40 am

TORO3 wrote:

I really am looking into buying some CRS3s.

There a good speaker but more in your face then the 2's :lol:

Return to “OCCD... ( Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder )”