ARGH OCCD

Admitting you have a problem, is the 1st step to recovery. Help a friend in need !!!
Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Re: ARGH OCCD

Post by Toy Maker » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:21 am

rolereversal wrote:Still waiting for a couple days to think about looking at them closer....hmmmmmmm. Because I know if I go to look at them I'll want them!
Well, what happened?? Did you go look at them, buy them ??

rolereversal
TFM-25

Post by rolereversal » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:26 am

I called the guy last night, I told him I have a bit more in my budget now and would like to have a listen. He only has a 100 watt amp running them ( he was using a sunfire amp, which is now sold and gone).
I told him I can bring an amp with me, he said NO! He wasn't a salesman and would rather sell them on ebay than local????????? ](*,) Takes too much time....he said.
Something must be up with them or he is just a bit unreasonable.....
Poor speakers.... I sure would have given them a nice home.
They are on eaby with $500 shipping charges...good luck to him to sell them....I have gotta walk away on this one.
Or maybe they won't sell and they'll be back AGAIN!!!! :lol:
Sure don't want to touch them without a proper audition.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:28 am

When they DONT sell on eBay, offer him $300 unless you can take your amp over and take a listen. Looks to me like they are trashed, and he doesn't want you to hook up any real power to them, then you'll know for sure...

Get em' CHEAP, or walk away, not worth the $$ you'll have to put into them to rebuild everything.

rolereversal
TFM-25

Post by rolereversal » Mon May 05, 2008 9:03 am

Well this story just doesn't end.
The speakers didn't sell ...the guy called me and said he pulled them from ebay as shipping was too difficult...uh yeah!
Anyway he has a krell amp coming sometime this week and I can audition them with that. So we are planning to have a look at them...and see if we can't give them a home after all. :-k

rolereversal
TFM-25

Post by rolereversal » Tue May 20, 2008 10:00 pm

Well my car needs work, we just got the 390t....but...the guy called again,and still has these damn speakers....okay we will go have a look. But what about my cars motor mounts....duct tape maybe? :lol: :lol: :lol:

OBI56
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by OBI56 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:02 pm

rolereversal wrote:Well my car needs work, we just got the 390t....but...the guy called again,and still has these damn speakers....okay we will go have a look. But what about my cars motor mounts....duct tape maybe? :lol: :lol: :lol:
How much does he want for them now?
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.

Mr. M-500t
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by Mr. M-500t » Tue May 20, 2008 11:04 pm

rolereversal wrote:Well my car needs work, we just got the 390t....but...the guy called again,and still has these damn speakers....okay we will go have a look. But what about my cars motor mounts....duct tape maybe? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Use the green stuff....................1000 mph rating ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Tue May 20, 2008 11:35 pm

Just ride your bike, Jean, until you get enough money to fix your car without spending it on more Carver gear (like that will ever happen) :lol:
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

maddmaxxx
(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post by maddmaxxx » Wed May 21, 2008 12:06 am

-on chevy v8's i used to just unbolt 2 thru-bolts...jack the harmonic balancer...then remove 3 or 4 bolts ea side... frame to 'mm'

-took maybe an hour back then

-watch it, safety 1st...had a motor slip tearing a tendon and pinning my hand, once [that smarted]

-boy, that me 'saved' me money ](*,)
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro

rolereversal
TFM-25

Post by rolereversal » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:07 pm

Well I finally got those motor mounts fixed. I rode the bike as much as I could....heeheehee...but city traffic is no fun (too much stop and go).
Just two mounts needed changing but t'wasn't cheap...450 bucks later(including an oil change)...but thats okay,it's done.
Now I will be saving up for those speakers(just have to tell myself to stop buying CDs....but damn, they keep having sales on them 50% off, sacds as well. I know I'll need a SACD player too, but some of them are cd and sacd playable and they sound sweet)...I'll have to call and see if he still has them? Bet he does? :lol: I just know they are meant to be in a nice home! :-" :-" :-"

Return to “OCCD... ( Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder )”