A Great CarverAudio Birthday....

As of Wed Oct 08, 2:26 am our little forum is 4 years old.
TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

A Great CarverAudio Birthday....

Post by TNRabbit » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:42 pm

I'm sitting here eating apple pie ala mode & listening to "The Show Must Go On" (LOVE the beginning multi-part harmony) from Pink's "The Wall" on my AL-IIIs.....it just doesn't get any better than this! I'm slowly working my way through the entire album....

I've listened to a myriad of musicians today; Blues Traveler, Norah Jones, The Monty Alexander Trio, Bela Fleck & the Flecktones (one of my favorites)...a thoroughly enjoyable day.

What a great way to spend CarverAudio's birthday!

OOH! "Run Like Hell" just came on....."If they catch you in the back seat tryin' to pick her locks, they're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box...."
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

maddmaxxx
(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Re: NEW GAME!!!

Post by maddmaxxx » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:03 pm

[quote="lwb2567y"]Good News, Good News, and Bad News Warhammer Online
I mentioned the other day that my video card died, and I needed to pick up a new one. Well it looks like I ordered it just in time, because the beta over at Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning just added a bunch of new players, myself included. If you haven’t tried to signup for a beta account yet I’ll link the sign up page later on in the post.

Anyways so the first piece of good news for me is my new video card. I picked up an nVidia eVGA 8800 GT from NewEgg.com for about $250 including the shipping to Hawaii. Really easy installation for the hardware, and drivers.So once I got my new card up, and running I had to make sure my World of Warcraft game could be played.

Just as I suspected it booted up, and I could play at my regular resolutions again proving that my video card was the cause of my inability to play WoW. I can finally hit the auction houses again to start earning wow gold now. My gold supply is still at 13,000 since I only sold about 1k gold in January despite having the lowest price on my server on Sparter.

Anyway the next bit of news is both good, and bad news. I have been accepted as one of the newer beta testers this timer around. So this news put together with the fact that I’m playing the beta on a new video card makes Mitch a happy gamer. Now for the bad news…

The EA Mythic, the makers of Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning. Have made all beta testers sign a strict NDA(Non-Disclosure Agreement). So as much as I would like to tell you the ins and outs of this upcoming MMORPG I can’t. My hands are tied on the subject along with my tongue. Soo you’ll just have to hope that once you do sign up for the Warhammer Online Beta, that you’ll be part of the next group that gets invited in for the next phase. Its really a bummer for me since I wanted to arrogantly tease people who aren’t in share about the Warhammer Online Beta.

Anyways happy gaming to everyone, with my computer back up and running I can finally write some posts again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[img]http://wwwXXX

Welcome to our [url=http://www.toppowerlevel.net/powerlist.php?fid=3965]XXXA site:
There have free Warhammer Online Power Leveling and professional XXXXIf you want to buy [url=http://www.toppowerlevel.net/gamelistXXXXand cheapest [url=http://www.toppowerlevel.net/gamelist.php?fid=3966]arhaXXplease visit our [url=http://www.toppowerlevel.net/gamelist.php?fid=3966]

-how did this clown get to 15 posts...i took the liberty to remove some letters from the above spammers sites
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro

OBI56
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: A Great CarverAudio Birthday....

Post by OBI56 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:17 pm

Maxxx, these spammers are run by autobots; the same damned autobots that scrub the site for indexing material. All of its posts were made within a minute or so, all automatically and at random. They usually limit themselves to 5 or 7 posts and this very same SPAMBOT was removed from the site back on October 6th.

Don't waste your time responding to them; just hit that little red exclamation button at the bottom right of the post to report him and TM will remove all of its posts.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.

maddmaxxx
(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post by maddmaxxx » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:07 pm

-ill let you hit the 'red' button...K

-oh; marc i remember cellphone and pill pushers raiding this site daily...their ALL gone anymore

- =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro

OBI56
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by OBI56 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:54 pm

I dood that hours ago!
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:31 pm

My browser informed my that there was a linked site that was dangerous and asked me if I wanted to proceed - NOT.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

ferrari
TFM-35

Post by ferrari » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:38 pm

Happy Birthday (late) Carver Forum
For as long as I have been here I still have not found any audio forum that has such a great group of friends.
I wish the forum and its members good luck with everything in your life.
Speaking of lifes. I get the feeling that I probably say too much about my life and feelings and gear. Everyone probably either thinks I am full of shit or am plum crazy and over the top. I dont know how well I really fit in here. I will keep trying.
Maybe I should just keep it simple. I have never been the kind of person who keeps to himself. I have allways been outgoing and rambled about myself more than I should have.
I am taking a chance on going to the forum, but everybody seems so friendly here. Maybe I will end up just sitting on the balcony the whole time and stare off into space. I get a little unsure of what people think of me on the forum.
I have room for one person in my truck if anyone wants to share a ride to the fest. I will have an empty pickup bed for your gear or eqpt.
Now didnt I just do what I didnt want to do and talk about my feelings again. Crapola
Ferrariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
keep the faith my friends :)

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Jag_97470 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:07 pm

[quote="ferrari"]Happy Birthday (late) Carver Forum
For as long as I have been here I still have not found any audio forum that has such a great group of friends.

From the post I have seen from you ferrari > just an observation > you seem like a very caring person with a big Heart, and you let your emotions show in your post > That is a good thing. Don't ever change for someone else, continue to be > Who you are.

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Jag_97470 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:19 pm

TNRabbit wrote:I'm sitting here eating apple pie ala mode & listening to "The Show Must Go On" (LOVE the beginning multi-part harmony) from Pink's "The Wall" on my AL-IIIs.....it just doesn't get any better than this! I'm slowly working my way through the entire album....

I've listened to a myriad of musicians today; Blues Traveler, Norah Jones, The Monty Alexander Trio, Bela Fleck & the Flecktones (one of my favorites)...a thoroughly enjoyable day.

What a great way to spend CarverAudio's birthday!

OOH! "Run Like Hell" just came on....."If they catch you in the back seat tryin' to pick her locks, they're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box...."
Something tells me you might like this? The Dark Side of The Rainbow, music mix into the 1939 movie The wizard of Oz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Side_of_the_Rainbow

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl= ... 4&ct=title

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:00 am

WOW.... :-s

Somebody has WAY too much time on their hands....

:lol: 8)
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

cutlass81

Post by cutlass81 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:12 am

TNR, just dropping a waaaay late post on this subject, but I definately understand a little pie and Floyd. Listening to Division Bell at the moment, and felt the need for a nod at another Pink fan tonight. Enjyoy your pie, but don't forget to "eat you're meat", or you won't get any pudding! OR PIE! Enjoy!
Some have called him "The Chosen One", Some have called him "The Messiah"...I prefer "Chocolate Jesus".

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:54 pm

Happy B-day!!!! Dark side is the way to go...listening to AC/DC currently. I don't think they made one ballad!!! Just a hard rockin band...wish I saw them more than once! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

ferrari
TFM-35

Post by ferrari » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is still doing ok.
There is that great hat I want in army camo colors, hahahahah
I have been a little busy lately with my house construction and working with Michele Rahal daily.
I have added another tfm-75 to my list. I am still working on my dream surround system. I have a lead on another set of platinums. That will give me 6 sets of the mark 4 platinums. One set to go. I still have 10 mint silver 9ts and 4 tfm-75's.
I hope to get my system together around the end of the year.Take care everyone
Terry ferrari/yugo

weitrhino
SILVER-7t

Post by weitrhino » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:38 am

kingman wrote:Happy B-day!!!! Dark side is the way to go...listening to AC/DC currently. I don't think they made one ballad!!! Just a hard rockin band...wish I saw them more than once! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
I consider Beatin' Around the Bush to be their best ballad followed closely by Whole Lotta Rosie.

ferrari
TFM-35

Post by ferrari » Sun May 10, 2009 3:35 pm

I just gotta get a pair of these...................
ferrari

Return to “Oct. 8th marked the 4th Anniversary of the Fourm”