Sunfire 10 in subwoofer
Scoshe 500 watt amplifier installation kit
Scoshe Dodge wiring harness
Tsunami power distibution block
Tsunami gold plated positive battery terminal
el crapola ICs in 12ft, 6ft, and 18in lengths
4 Focal 5 1/4" mid-bass drivers
2 SEAS 1/2" soft-dome tweeters

Like other Carver Magnetic Field Power Amplifiers, this amp has serious punch (pun intended) for the road. I'm currently running it without a 1 farad cap in series with it. The amps sound is clean, uncluttered and very articulate. Although I have the Carver SX-2/3 x-over network the M-2090i is running full-range to my front and rear door speaker array. The SX 2/3 is only running the sub and sub bass enhancement. I've changed the set-up since the review of the TX-9, I'd introduced some low volume alternator noise and I'm in the process of running it down. I've had other car systems but nothing as revealing as this one. The source material must be really good because the road noise isn't hiding much in the installation. I played ZZTop's Eliminator and Grand Funk Railroad's Live album from '71. both of these outings sounded great on this rig. This amp is a really nice unit, has the power and flexibility to fit almost any mobile audio need.

HT for the car?
I have a portable DVD player for the kids and have had it hooked up through the system. 2 KEWL!!! I've played 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 'and my perenial favorite 'Top Gun'
Damn, I love technology....bwaaahahahaha.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

kloneman1
Newbie 50+

Re: Carver M-2090i Car Audio Power Amplifier

Post by kloneman1 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:23 am

I've seen references to automotive equipment applications in Bob's whitepapers but never had a chance to see or hear any of it. I would love to put a Carver signal processing, Amp and Sub setup in the Saab 97 I'm restoring.
Magnaryder wrote:Review of the Carver M-2090i Multi-Impedance Car Audio Power Amplifier

Associated equipment used in testing:

Carver TX-9 cassette/tuner
Carver SX 2/3 crossover with Deep Bass Retrieval and Sonic Holography
Carver M2080 power amplifier
Carver 2020 power amplifier
Carver Cathedral Digital Delay processor
Carver Windows Center channel processor
Sunfire 10 in subwoofer
Scoshe 500 watt amplifier installation kit
Scoshe Dodge wiring harness
Tsunami power distibution block
Tsunami gold plated positive battery terminal
el crapola ICs in 12ft, 6ft, and 18in lengths
4 Focal 5 1/4" mid-bass drivers
2 SEAS 1/2" soft-dome tweeters

Like other Carver Magnetic Field Power Amplifiers, this amp has serious punch (pun intended) for the road. I'm currently running it without a 1 farad cap in series with it. The amps sound is clean, uncluttered and very articulate. Although I have the Carver SX-2/3 x-over network the M-2090i is running full-range to my front and rear door speaker array. The SX 2/3 is only running the sub and sub bass enhancement. I've changed the set-up since the review of the TX-9, I'd introduced some low volume alternator noise and I'm in the process of running it down. I've had other car systems but nothing as revealing as this one. The source material must be really good because the road noise isn't hiding much in the installation. I played ZZTop's Eliminator and Grand Funk Railroad's Live album from '71. both of these outings sounded great on this rig. This amp is a really nice unit, has the power and flexibility to fit almost any mobile audio need.

HT for the car?
I have a portable DVD player for the kids and have had it hooked up through the system. 2 KEWL!!! I've played 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 'and my perenial favorite 'Top Gun'
Damn, I love technology....bwaaahahahaha.

ray
Kloneman

Return to “Car Audio”