Recruting volunteers to help out the Carver Forum....

Upcoming changes to be made to the forum
treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Recruting volunteers to help out the Carver Forum....

Post by treitz3 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Members of the forum, we could use a few good men and women to assist us with the forum. I don't know how many of you know about the "Shoutbox" off of the main site page [not the main forum] but I stumbled across it today and some Carver fans have apparently felt neglected. This should not happen.

Here's a direct link to the shoutbox... http://www.carveraudio.com/index.php/shoutbox

We are looking for volunteers to look at the shoutbox and make these folks feel a little bit more welcome. The goal is to assist, help, offer guidance and generally be the welcoming group of the Carver forum. Any member is welcome to volunteer and any and all help will be appreciated. Are you willing to help this forum gain new members and make this forum even better than it already is?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Re: Recruting volunteers to help out the Carver Forum....

Post by TNRabbit » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:06 pm

Can you make it where it PMs me whenever a post is made there?

Hell, I didn't even know it existed. How long has it been there, & why were'nt we told??
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:24 pm

I'll help. I'll try to check daily.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Good questions...

Post by treitz3 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:49 pm

TNRabbit wrote:Can you make it where it PMs me whenever a post is made there?
We do not know at this point.
TNRabbit wrote:Hell, I didn't even know it existed. How long has it been there, & why weren't we told??
It has been there for about six months, unfortunately. It was put there in place when the forum upgrade happened and originally it was slated to be deleted. That said, communication issues arose and it's still there. At this point, we'd like to keep it where it is and allow it to keep going.

As for why we weren't told? Well, as I understand it, it was supposed to be in a different area of the forum and with different access points/tabs/whatever. Since it never was deleted and it was not noticed until now, no one ever really noticed or knew to inform folks of its existence. That's the cold, hard truth. James has decided to keep it where it is and we will build upon it. We now know where it is and we can move forth from here on out.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:11 pm

There should be a link to it in the forum header. I know I skip the main URL and come directly to the forum, so I've never seen it until today.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:41 pm

I saw it back when yall went to the dark side. I thought it was a chat room, and I don't like those.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:57 pm

BillD wrote:There should be a link to it in the forum header. I know I skip the main URL and come directly to the forum, so I've never seen it until today.
Bill, I appreciate your valuable input. That said, this will not happen. Everybody we know has skipped the main URL, which is why this happened in the first place.

The main fact as to why we will not be following your suggestion is that if someone new comes along and posts invaluable information to the answer of a question, we do not want it to be lost within two days or less, which is what will happen in the shoutbox. We prefer to have it documented in the Carver forum so that those who are interested in the same answer years from now can find it.

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Well then put the fuckin shoutbox on the forum page.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:13 pm

BillD wrote:Well then put the fuckin shoutbox on the forum page.
=D> =D> =D>

ekog
TFM-6cb

Post by ekog » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:46 am

A date on the posts would be nice so you know if your responding to someone who posted today or last week it seems to me that unless someone is sitting in the "shout box" when a post is made or a question is asked you couldn’t respond to the poster in a meaningful way as it seems to have a short history and doesn’t notify the poster that a reply was made.
Main System Setup:
Pre: Carver C2 | Amp: Carver M-500t|Equilizer: Sansui SE99|Speakers: Polk SDA2’s
Source: Tuner: Carver TX-2| Phono: Technics SL-1210 MkII with a Ortofon VMS 20E Mk II| DirecTV DVR | Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc player | Samsung DVD/VHS player

Second System Setup:
Receiver: Yamaha RXV867| Fronts: Klipsch F-30's |Sub: Klipsch SW-112
Source: Radio |Internet/Network | Sony CDP-70 CD player

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:57 am

I think it clears out daily....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

ekog
TFM-6cb

Post by ekog » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:38 am

I went and looked again and copied out the text and when I pasted it into the reply pane the posting date and time appeared which indicates that it doesn’t clear every 24 hours (as you can see below) I would guess that it’s just so long and each new post pushes off the oldest post.

21:12 Namikis: Cant find info about it anywhere - any ideas here? Posted: Thursday Aug. 4, 2011 at 21:12.Info
21:55 Rick: would the owners manual for the TFM-55x be the same as the TFM-55 . I cannot find a 55x manual Posted: Monday Aug. 8, 2011 at 21:55.Info
22:16 Rick: don't guess anyone's here Posted: Monday Aug. 8, 2011 at 22:16.Info
22:58 3lks: well this is phucked up Posted: Thursday Aug. 11, 2011 at 22:58.Info
14:31 treitz3: If you join the forum, many of your questions will be answered. I will attempt to have more folks look at the shoutbox, however, most of our members have the forum bookmarked Posted: Wednesday Aug. 17, 2011 at 14:31.Info
14:32 treitz3: and this shoutbox is bypassed. We apologize for any inconvenience. Posted: Wednesday Aug. 17, 2011 at 14:32.Info
14:33 treitz3: To Rick...The two are basically the same, with minor changes to make the 55X THX certified. Posted: Wednesday Aug. 17, 2011 at 14:33.Info
17:48 engtaz: sweet Posted: Wednesday Aug. 17, 2011 at 17:48.Info
19:36 mbskeam: ahhh, there I am....LOL Posted: Wednesday Aug. 17, 2011 at 19:36.Info
20:21 EndersShadow: I will try to check this more often Posted: Wednesday Aug. 17, 2011 at 20:21.Info
20:29 TNRabbit: YERT. Posted: Wednesday Aug. 17, 2011 at 20:29.Info
20:30 TNRabbit: For those looking to have repairs made, you can get them done a Bob Carver Audio Repair. Posted: Wednesday Aug. 17, 2011 at 20:30.Info
20:31 TNRabbit: Or HiTech Audio in Oregon. Posted: Wednesday Aug. 17, 2011 at 20:31.Info
21:08 F1nut: Join the forum, people. Posted: Wednesday Aug. 17, 2011 at 21:08.Info
01:56 Devil_Spawn: I honestly did not know this was here... Posted: Thursday Aug. 18, 2011 at 01:56.Info
Main System Setup:
Pre: Carver C2 | Amp: Carver M-500t|Equilizer: Sansui SE99|Speakers: Polk SDA2’s
Source: Tuner: Carver TX-2| Phono: Technics SL-1210 MkII with a Ortofon VMS 20E Mk II| DirecTV DVR | Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc player | Samsung DVD/VHS player

Second System Setup:
Receiver: Yamaha RXV867| Fronts: Klipsch F-30's |Sub: Klipsch SW-112
Source: Radio |Internet/Network | Sony CDP-70 CD player

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:40 am

Correct. Once it's gone, it's gone. Any conversation in the shoutbox will not be categorized, edited, link-able, cross referenced or saved.

Hehe, I see Roy got owned even in the shoutbox! :lol:

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:00 am

Not in the shout box. Only on his pasting what I said in shout box. otherwise I would have put S W E E T. :lol: :lol: :lol:
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:34 pm

BillD wrote:Well then put the fuckin shoutbox on the forum page.
Bill, you have been a member of this forum for a long time now and I do believe that this is the first post I have ever read that you actually cursed. Were you in a bad mood or somethin'? :-s

You are normally relaxed, well mannered, level headed, subdued, laid back and generally a wealth of information all in one. I was driving around all day when I was working trying to think of one instance when you actually said a curse word. I came up empty, unless I have missed you saying one before. I don't know whether to feel shocked or excited.

It also looks like something happened to the shoutbox today. I just went to the link and it isn't really there anymore. I spoke with James about it and he says that he did not do anything and that he will investigate what is going on when he gets back into the office.

Return to “(( Site & Forum Updates ))”